Buying a house in Cherry Valley -Vernon Hills?

Asked by Babi, Highland Park, IL Tue Sep 23, 2008

I would like to buy a house in Cherry Valley -Vernon hills. However it seems the price in this neigborhood is much lower than other area! Is there anything wrong about this neigborhood?

Answers

2
Trudy Brusen…, Home Buyer, McHenry, IL
Tue May 27, 2014
Cherry Valley is convenient to everything. Nice walking paths, parks, schools, shopping, Rt 83 and Rt 60 to the interstates. The only thing you should know is it is the specific school district you are looking for may not be the one you want. Some of Vernon Hills is Stevenson High School and some is Vernon Hills High School. Both school districts are wonderful and provide exemplary education.
Mike Stodola, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Wed Sep 24, 2008
What's wrong with Cherry Valley...where do I start? Just kidding. I have several clients who've bought and sold in Cherry Valley and love it there. I also have clients who like a more homogeneous feel to a subdivision and don't like to drive by rental communities on their way home. Cherry Valley though offers some of the best prices in Vernon Hills for the size and it's shown very similar appreciation to much of the ret of Vernon Hills. I know of a few homes that are actually an outstanding vallue currently in that area because the sellers are very motivated. If you'd like this sent to you, please let me know.