Buying a home with an FHA loan and poor credit. HELP!

Asked by rehills315, Pittsburgh, PA Sun Jan 13, 2013

Hello my partner and I are interested in buying a home. We both have poor credit but have been working hard to fix our scores (Hers: 575; Mine: 566). Her mother recently purchased a home with an FHA loan while in a similar situation to ours. I am desperate for advice on what steps I need to take or if we even qualify for such a loan. Should I contact someone from a real estate agency? A bank that offers FHA loans? Since I am new to all of this just hoping to find someone who could point me in the right direction. Thank you for your advice in advance!

Answers

8
Denise Bruno’s answer
Denise Bruno, Agent, Canonsburg, PA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
The first thing you will need is to talk with a lender. Some can give you good advice on how to boost up your credit score. If you can not get pre-approved then check out a credit restore company who can help you get on the right track. Credit Investment Servce Paul Ritter Office: 412-242-2733, Cell: 724-644-6078, paulritter@credititinvestigationservce.com. He has helped some of my clients get on the right path. I wish you and your parnter all the best.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Do this in the order listed:

Step #1 Go see a loan officer and a mortgage broker. Don't do it online - go see them. Sign nothing and pay nothing. Just ask questions. The rest will fall into place based on their answers.

tim
Sheryl Morgan, Agent, McMurray, PA
Sun Jan 20, 2013
I have worked with so many individuals in the same situation as yours. Best thing you can do is to contact a reputable mortgage lender to help you with your credit situtation. I have a fantastic lender that has worked with many of my clients and she knows the business thoroughly. She is personable, honest and genuinely wants to help when situations such as yours arise. Please feel free to contact me.
Hello. I would be interested in speaking with you/suggested lender. I am first time home buyer and it can all be so confusing. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Flag Sun Mar 3, 2013
Brian Teyssi…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for posting your question on Trulia!

Yep, bunch of good answers below. I agree with Denise, contact Paul to review and possibly restore your credit. He personally did mine and some of my clients.

You can check him out here on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Credit-Repair-by-Credit-Inves…

Blair W. Coh…, Agent, Monroeville, PA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
You have received good advice. Contact a good mortgage profesional.
Nancy Theys, Agent, Wexford, PA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Great that you are working on improving your credit! If you need a suggestion for a good lender, give me a call: 412-367-3200 X 5083.
Bette Zrimsek, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
You will need the assistance of a reputable mortgage lender who handles FHA financing. If you are working hard to fix your credit scores, you are on the right track. FHA is usually the best way to go
Tod Novak, , Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
I would be glad to answer any questions you have as suggested already. After further discussion we may be able to determine the next steps and if I can't help I probably know someone who can!

Tod
Hi Tod,

We would be very interested in speaking/meeting with you. We are very new to all of this and just trying to figure out where we stand or what needs to be done for us to purchase a home someday soon. Thanks, Rachel & Stephanie
Flag Sun Jan 13, 2013