Buying a home while spouse is in chapter 13 bankruptcy?

Asked by Clara, Louisville, KY Wed Oct 24, 2012

I have great credit but my husband had to file chap13 bankruptcy due to a private student loan his parents took out years ago. How can we purchase a home under these circumstances? We already own a condo and have never defaulted in 7 years of owning it.

Answers

4
Joel Lobb, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Joel Lobb (NMLS#57916)
Senior Loan Officer
502-905-3708 cell
502-813-2795 fax
jlobb@keyfinllc.com

Key Financial Mortgage Co. (NMLS #1800)*
107 South Hurstbourne Parkway*
Louisville, KY 40222*
http://mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com
Neil Blumberg, Agent, Louisville, KY
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Hi Clara.

I just helped three buyers (in the last 2 months) obtain financing when they had consistently been told "No" by various lenders. All came to me in the hopes of doing a lease option or contract for deed. I was able, with some local lenders who are prepared to make in house loans, to get the deals done. In one case we were even able to think a little outside the box and get one done conventionally. I have a 4th case I'm working right now and we will be getting an answer on it next week.

Call me, I can really help you. It's what I do.
Web Reference:  http://metro1realty.com
Mary Beth Va…, Agent, Louisville, KY
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Hi Clara,
I am a Realtor in Louisville. I would suggest you contact a lender to explore your options. There are a lot of things for a lender to consider. When was his bankruptcy? What is your other credit history? A lender is really your best place to start. I can recommend some fantastic people for you to start with. Please give me a call at 502-417-8527 or email me at marybeth @abgrealtors.com.
Jim Simms, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Hi Clara,
It depends on the type of loan you are going to use and the length of time on his BK, I am in the office most of the day if you need this answered in detail, my direct line is 753-4127, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time