Buy townhouse without HOA fee ?? How?

Asked by Richie, Apple Valley, CA Fri Nov 16, 2007

My loan was rejected because the townhouse that I was going to buy in Apple Valley is NO HOA fee.The lender said I have to find new house or talk with all neighbor to switch their insurance to the same company. What else I can do?? Help pls.

Answers

6
Richie, Home Buyer, Apple Valley, CA
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Thanks a lot Rebecca. I really appreciated your help.
Maureen O'Gr…, Agent, Essex, CT
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Richie, I'm afraid there is nothing you can do. Inorder to get a loan on a condo Fanniemae funds have to be used and the funds are not available on condo's with no master insurance. Right now the other owners may be interested in implementing a HOA just for the purposes of a master insurance plan otherwise they will not be able to sell their places to anyone other than those paying cash. Good luck
Maureen O'Gr…, Agent, Essex, CT
Fri Nov 16, 2007
I will investigate this for you. I do know of a condo complex (small) in my area that does not have an HOA fee. When I get an answer I'll get back to you.
Richie, Home Buyer, Apple Valley, CA
Fri Nov 16, 2007
They bought their unit long ago and at that time there had HOA rule/fee. Then a couple years ago they all decided to drop HOA and pay their own insurance.
Maureen O'Gr…, Agent, Essex, CT
Fri Nov 16, 2007
This is a tricky one and requires more information to answer fully. Are you using a bank or a mortgage broker. Have you spoken to the neighbors to see how they were able to finance their purchase?
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Speak to someone who has purchased in the same complex recently and see who they used as a lender and if they had similar issues. I would think if your insurance company didn't have an issue, your lender shouldn't either. Has your insurance co. agreed to insure the property?