Buy a house in FL, get a green card?

Asked by Akin, Florida State, FL Fri May 8, 2009

There is a rumor in the internet that buying a house in Florida will spare a green card for its owner. Is it true? I live in Turkey and am seriously considering it.

Answers

2
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Fri May 8, 2009
Akin, I did find it being discussed in a newspaper from Bulgaria.... http://www.sofiaecho.com/article/investment-in-real-estate-i…

I thought your question was interesting as I was unaware of any such policy. I looked around a bit and found the idea being discussed by some as something the Gov. should consider/do. I think those discussions and the program mentioned in the Bulgarian newspaper have been combined together as if everybody could get a Green card.

If you google "Green card fl buy house" you will find many current articles ect.. about the topic. I even saw your question on page 2..........

Dunes
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Fri May 8, 2009
I seriously doubt this. Green cards are issued by the Federal government and the state of florida has no jurisdiction there. in order to get a green card,you must have a permanent job in the United States among other requirements.