But Shea is selling the same model new home for 330000, how come a resale (650 W.Gravino Drive)is for 354000 ?

Asked by Allat, Mountain House, CA Sat Apr 21, 2012

Answers

6
Taj Weldon, Agent, Tracy, CA
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Hello Allat,
Shaun is correct in telling you that the upgrades have an impact on purchase price.
In addition Shea homes may have discounted prices on inventory to eliminate excess inventory.
When dealing with a new home community like Shea Homes it is very important that you bring your own REALTOR.
People don't realize that there are price alterations that can be requested when you have a knowledgable REALTOR.
Realtors like myself have dealt with local new home communities and know their policies and procedures.
If you do not have agent representation.Please feel free to call or email me and I will gladly assist.

Thanks!
Taj Weldon
REALTOR, CDPE
209_740_4176
DRE 01816152 _ Serving Mountain House, Tracy, Lathrop, Manteca, Stockton
Tajweldon@connectrealty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tajcanhelp.com
Hi Taj, Thanks for your note. Are you a Mountain House based broker ? We can meet you next time we are in Mountain House, most likely by labor day weekend. We may be interested in buying a decent 3 b/r townhome around 150 K in Mountain House. Do you have any inventory in that budget ? We can move very fast, if needed.
Allat
Flag Fri Aug 3, 2012
Aj1234, Home Owner, San Francisco, CA
Sat Jul 28, 2012
exactly what home you are referring that She is selling the brand new one for $330K today July 28, 2012? :)-
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Seller's can ask what ever they want. It doesn't mean that they are going to get it.

Market value will be determined by location, condition, amenities, upgrades, credits, etc. And if a buyer is willing to pay that.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Sun Apr 22, 2012
If a resale is priced higher than a new build, what questions should you be asking?

What would make that resale a better value?
Are there many more upgrades than the "model" you refer to?
Is the model on a busy corner lot?
If the new model is the last home in the community, the builder may offer it at a lower price.

The other agents make a good point. If you have a number of questions and you don't want to ask the sales person at the community, then sign on with a Realtor who can look at both and offer an opinion. I've worked builders and I've worked in real estate a number of years. Indeed, there is much the consumer doesn't know (and even some things most agents don't know) about new builds.

Typically, a new build will be priced higher. So, your question here may be a good one. A local agent can best assist you. And, I would say an agent who has worked with builders might be your first choice.

Suz
PML property movers of Longmont
720.810.0683
bouldersuz@gmail.com
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Apr 22, 2012
How is this a problem for you?
Shaun Zamryk…, Agent, Mountain House, CA
Sat Apr 21, 2012
The property 650 Gravino was a new home, not a resale. When comparing the homes sale prices, the upgrades have a significant role in determining the price. Also, I always assure my clients get the most incentives by having them register with me. That way I get them more incentives then if they went on their own. I ALWAYS look after my clients.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me:

Shaun Zamrykut
Klemm Real Estate
(510) 917-2307 cell
(209) 879-0160 fax
Shaun@ShaunSells.com
http://www.ShaunSells.com

DRE# 01896658