Builder not giving the options listed in contract.

Asked by Dash, 43017 Sat Jul 6, 2013

I bought an inventory home under construction and got some discount. Now what I am finding us that my builder is not giving me some options clearly listed in the contract option sheet with dollar amount in front of that option. He is saying that I already got discount due to inventory home do I can not go line by line. Isn't it breaching the contract? Do I have any right as a buyer?

Answers

5
Jeff Paeltz, Agent, New Albany, OH
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Hi Dash,

Sorry to hear about whats going on. My advice..get an attorney on this fast.

Ginson Speich, Agent, New Albany, OH
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Agreeing with Jeff, It never hurts to consult and attorney.
Laura Esterl…, Agent, Hilliard, OH
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Absolutely
The items listed in the contract should be included in home. An exception could be if you accepted a discount in lieu of those items and that would have to be written in to contract as well
You have a right as a buyer to all items in your contract

Has the house closed yet ?

Laura Esterline
Keller Williams Consultants
New Build Expert
614-284-8867
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Sat Jul 6, 2013
It would be too hard to answer without seeing all of the documentation. Jeff is right, I'd get an attorney.
M. Abraham J…, Agent, Westerville, OH
Sat Jul 6, 2013
It's not a bad idea to use a buyer's agent, even on a new build. While the standard purchase contract we use is very buyer friendly, many builders use their own contracts. As a buyer's agent, I would have read every word of that contract, suggested an attorney take a look before signing, and fought tooth and nail for any concessions in the agreement.
Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to speak with an attorney.