Asked by Unhappy In Kc, Missouri • Tue Aug 16, 2011
The Seller, also a real estate agent, backed out of our Contract while negotiating resolution of very modest inspection findings. We had verbal commitment to resolution of items identified but when we wrote them up and presented to the Seller they were rejected without comment. This after we had negotiated the price, increased our earnest money at Seller's request, conducted radon, termite, and home inspections at Buyer's expense, and delayed Closing/Possession dates to accomodate Seller. The Seller immediately, even before we signed the cancellation and mutual release agreement, re-listed the property at a higher asking price. Seems the Seller got "cold feet" and decided to hold out for more money after signing a Contract and getting us to pay for inspections. What's the appropriate recourse, if any? Btw, turns out both the Seller and Buyer's agent work for the same company, a leading real estate company in the Kansas City area.
Popular Categories in Missouri
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!