Braden Woods or Lakewood Ranch?

Asked by Karla, Hawaii Mon Sep 22, 2008

Which would be a better home/future investment?

On one hand, it is a newer house (higher taxes, no maintenence, tons of others for sale) or it is an older house, needs updates, not much for sale.

Answers

13
Maryann Lawl…, Agent, Bradenton, FL
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hi Karla,
If these are the two areas you have zeroed in on, hands down I would lean toward the Braden Woods development. I have sold several homes in that area over the years and I love the larger lot sizes and varying home styles. The fact that there are less homes available right now in Braden Woods vs. Lakewood Ranch bodes well for the stability of the area. You will get the benefit of Main St. on Lakewood Ranch and more without the CDD fees and higher association costs.
You are always best to choose the worst house on the best block and to do a little fixing up than to buy something "perfect" and hope that everyone around you follows suit.
My best advice to you is to use the services of a REALTOR that sells in the entire area rather than one that specializes in a certain subdivision, that way you are the one making the decision as to where you want to be and will have more choices.
Please let me know if you would like to set up a consultation so that we find the very best property for you.
Maryann Lawler, REALTOR
Keller Williams Realty of Greater Manatee
Direct: (941) 586-8257
Maryann@MaryannLawler.com
Web Reference:  http://www.MaryannLawler.com
Sleepichic, , Lakewood Ranch, FL
Sun Jun 7, 2009
Lakewood Ranch. Never mind what the realtors say they would sell anywhere. Don't waste your time in Braden River, you will regret for sure as many of my friends do.
Karl Kummer, Both Buyer And Seller, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Fri Feb 20, 2009
Hi Karla, my name is Karl A. I also live in the River Club community between LWR and BW. It's really hard to say where your investment dollar should be spent without knowing how you want to live and when you'll likely sell. I'd be happy to take your call and let you know my impressions and tell you of our experiences. 941-360-1813
Jen, , LWR
Thu Feb 5, 2009
PS i do live in LWR, FL-don't know why it says VT?? :-)
Jen, , LWR
Thu Feb 5, 2009
If you have children, recommend LWR!!! We have lived here for 5 yrs, incredible community with lots if parks, mom's club,tons of other clubs, newsletters, dog parks...the lots can be closer together but everyone is super freindly. Over all LWR has a more UPSCALE repuation. Braden Woods may be more COUNTRY. I have met TONS of moms and made tons of freinds in LWR, and I have yet to meet anyone in my five yrs here from BW, meaning perhaps they keep to themsleves? If you are a keep to yourself, countryish perosn then you may prefer BW if you are a more social, community oriented person then you would prefer LWR. (I do think you'd get more EQUITY from a LWR home, as so many people want to move here-would be easier for you to resell)
Hope this helps!
Bob Bronston, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Thu Feb 5, 2009
Coming all the way from Hawaii? Now, THAT'S a move! I lived in Braden Woods for 18 years and have been living in LWR for almost four. FWIW, my sister lives in River Club which sits between the two! If schools are a factor, I can help you there, too, since my wife has worked in both elementary schools. Everyone here has given you reasonable considerations but I would caution you to not think so much in terms of BW vs LWR but, rather, one home versus another. Each community has plusses and minuses but each house does, too, and it is your choice of home that will mean the most to you. If you'd like to bounce questions off me, feel free.
Web Reference:  http://www.BobBronston.com
David B. Lev…, , Longboat Key, FL
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Karla
this is a hard question. i've sold in both Braden woods and Lakewood ranch. although the taxes are higher in Lakewood Ranch i can tel you this they want to become it's own city and they have built new hospitals, schools, Main St. etc.. Lakewood ranckh has alot to do there, there are lots of gated communities, closer to golfing, where in Braden woods you needs to travel alittle bit more. the tax situation will resolve itself for onc lakewood ranch becomes it's own city (just like University Park) then taxes will come down. I find my buyers today like the lakewood ranch area because it's newer, etc... but homes are a little higher. Braden woods is quite also, but most homes I see in there are dated
Let me know if you need help
The Leventhal Team
David
Web Reference:  http://www.floridahomes.cc
Liza Mckeever, , 34202
Mon Feb 2, 2009
Braden Woods, great value, large homesites, NO CDD fees, great schools, close to LWR that is not gated so if you have kids they can still play int he parks and visit friends, the area is really one region now, I would have to go with Braden Woods if your looking for more privacy, less rules, no CDD fees, and that will save you about 2000. or more a year on top of your taxes. I live and work in the East Manatee area, if at anytime you have a question feel free to email me direct at : lizareatlor@hotmail.com --------no obligation, I won't chase you to work with me, just willing to help in any way I can.
Web Reference:  http://www.LizaMcKeever.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Karla,

Every community has its strengths and weaknesses. It comes down to personal preference and where you feel comfortable.

A planned visit might shed the light you need to make an informed decision. There are many other similar communities that you might consider as well. We would be happy to provide you with some additional areas for consideration and sample properties to review from the areas.

The "Eckler Team"

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Linda Singer, Agent, Bradenton, FL
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Braden Woods is an older community that is centrally located on the perimeter of Lakewood Ranch. They are like night and day. Most of the homes are older but they tend to be larger and for the most part will need updating. There are no CDD fees in Braden Woods so the costs will be less. Lakewood Ranch is a masterplanned community with the newer homes and higher costs. A decision between homes in basically the same location yet so completely different can only be made on your personal feelings. What this comes down to is what really calls your name. What home feels the best when you walk through. Which street feels like a place you want to walk. To determine what the best investment would be is really almost impossible. What might be more valuable one month might be less down the road. The only person who can determine what feels best is you and those who will be making the decision to buy the home. What advice is your realtor suggesting? Talk with her or him and again good luck.

Linda T. Singer
Michael Saunders & Co.
941-685-0949
LindaSinger@MichaelSaunders.com
Tami Cashi &…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Geez....those are two TOTALLY different neighborhoods! You will need to decide what is important to you. Braden Woods touts great lots, it's an older area so more mature landscape, unique homes. Lakewood Ranch is a CDD community, HOA are the norm, the lots are smaller and most of the homes look a like.
Michelle Dun…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Newer homes can cost less to insure due to newer building codes. Lakewood Ranch does have a CDD yearly bill added onto your tax bill. Braden Woods lots are usually larger and have more trees. Is access to schoolst important to you? There is so much for sale right now in Lakewood Ranch, especially in the starter home size (3/2's), lots of short sales and foreclosures are bringing prices down. Lakewood Ranch has many schools, a hospital, retail stores and commercial areas as well as parks, nature and bike trails,even a paw park for our furry friends. What are you looking for in a home and neighborhood?
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hi Karla -
Both communities are great - although different!! Braden Woods tends to have a little larger lots, but are older homes. Very close proximity to each other - several neighborhoods in Lakewood Ranch go to the Braden River schools.

The neighborhoods are quite different, with Lakewood Ranch being a master planned community.

I think the best bet would be to talk to a REALTOR and discuss your housing needs such as house size, amenities, pets, etc...a knowledgeable REALTOR will help you to make the correct decision for your needs and lifestyle.