Rufus, Home Buyer in 97229

Better to buy in Vancouver WA or Portland Or?

Asked by Rufus, 97229 Tue Jul 13, 2010

Answers

6
Thomas Eilers, Agent, Lake Oswego, OR
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Hi. I'm licensed in both states and work Portland and Vancouver about 50/50. I've been in the business for 30 years and know all the areas very well. If you'd like to contact me and let me know more about your situation, I'll be glad to guide you. Thanks,
Tom Eilers
503-522-5372
Beth Silva, Agent, Portland, OR
Sat Aug 21, 2010
Rufus,
If you are going to work in Vancouver, live there. If you want to work in the greater Portland metro area, I highly recommend living in portlad, and near you place of work, or near the school that would best work for your family. There are many people who commute from Vancouver everyday, but they are usually onlycontent to do so if their work place is not far south into Portland, or if their work hours mean there are not going with the rush. Hope this helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.bethsilva.com
Jerry R. Ray, , Portland, OR
Fri Jul 23, 2010
Rufus,
I would tend to agree with David - the commute will wear you down crossing THE bridge - of course this also depends on what part of PDX you are commuting to for work. I've had friends recently that have sold their home in Beaverton and purchased a much nicer home in Vancouver. Prioritize and weigh out the pros and cons of each and then decide what IS most important to your and your life style. Commuting from Beaverton to PDX can be every bit of frustrating as commuting from Vancouver to PDX.

I would also take into consideration what Katie had mention regarding income TAX and more "bang for the buck" in regards to your new purchase.

Good Luck !
David Waite, Agent, Beaverton, OR
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Rufus,
Best way to answer this question is to take the drive across the bridge at rush hour. Driving to Vancouver is a pain!!! With new plans to reconstruct the bridge the drive is going to be a nightmare. The prices may be lower in Vancouver but not worth it. I would be happy to assist you in finding that "right" property, just let me know if I can assist.

David Waite PC
John L. Scott
503-887-5323 or waite-david@msn.com
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Jul 14, 2010
How about, is it better to LIVE in Vancouver or Portland?
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Much will depend on your personal preferences, financials, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc. If you are not too familiar with either area, consider taking the time to visit, explore neighborhoods, look at everything that is important to you, chat with locals, etc.; then make your determination, where would you be happiest living.