Better resale - 4 level split in Worthington or colonial in Hilliard? I understand taht Worthington has

Asked by Peggy, Columbus, OH Sun Oct 26, 2008

better ranked schools and this home is walking distance to downtown Worthington...but I also know splits have poor resale. Hilliard home is walking distance to Hilliard Davidson high school but further from social life. Would be interested in any advise!

Answers

7
Joan Defenba…, Agent, Worthington, OH
Tue Oct 28, 2008
Hi Peggy,
I agree with some of what has been said already, I would just add that it's good to try to look in to the future a bit and try to imagine how your lifestyle or household needs might change.
Sometimes a split, depending on the layout, can be a great floorplan if you will have teens later on or a mother-in-law suite necessity. Some splits have a living space, full bathroom and a bedroom on the lower level which allows for this change without feeling like someone has to live in the basement.
It all boils down to your needs. "Better resale" is kind of out the window for now. If you love the home and can picture yourself living there for a long time then that is something to consider heavily.
Just make sure that you use a Buyer's Agent who will negotiate the best terms, conditions and price for you now so you worry less about the future of home prices.
The link below goes to the Buyer's Toolkit page on my web site. I hope you find some helpful tools.
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Tue Oct 28, 2008
Peggy,have you looked at these yet (inside) let me know if you want to get in them,then I can tell you,which is better and why,And neither one may end up being good resale, based on what you can buy at,and whats needed to put into ea one etc..keep me posted,I work around my buyers schedule.

Regards;

TJ RLTR,ABR,CNHS,e-PRO
Web Reference:  http://tjroberts.remax.com
Jim Roberts, Agent, Powell, OH
Tue Oct 28, 2008
When I coached my daughter's tennis team I use to ask the girls if it is better to hit the ball cross court or down the line. It was a trick question because the answer has to deal with many other factors beside where to hit the ball.
As a buyer broker and a licensed appraiser I would never be able to give you advise without seeing the homes and finding out more about what you looking for in a home now and in the future. My advice is to work with an agent you trust.
Brittany Sim…, , Columbus, OH
Mon Oct 27, 2008
Where is this home located? Worthington Estates?
Brittany Sim…, , Columbus, OH
Mon Oct 27, 2008
Peggy:

Worthington is a much better location for social activities and entertainment. Resale is better for homes in downtown Worthington compared to Hilliard.

If you would like additional information, or to recieve a complete list of homes that are available in Worthington, please feel free to contact me.

Best of luck with your search,
Don Bush Team, , Columbus, OH
Mon Oct 27, 2008
Location rules in Investment and resale value. Worthington has walking life style that is desired now.
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Mon Oct 27, 2008
Peggy,go with colonial,your 5mins to all,unless split is over 2000sqft your right split levels,limit buyers.If you want to get more info and see hilliard home,you can contact me,anytime.

Thx,

TJ