Best neighborhoods in Atlanta Ga.

Asked by Lordson Enyia, Abington, PA Mon Mar 12, 2012

I would like to know the best neighborhoods in Atlanta, Ga. Base on school ratings, academic status, crime rate, flood or natural disasters, or any more info you can provide.

Answers

8
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Mon Mar 12, 2012
That would honestly depend upon your price range. Everyone is going to have an opinion but probably the best schools are in Milton/Alpharetta area North of Atlanta about 40 minutes. There are several great resources online that will allow you to research this information on your own and come up with unbiased information.
Tyler Willis, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Tue Mar 13, 2012
Hi Lordson,

I see you are from Abington. I actually lived about 20 minutes outside of Abington myself.

But that is besides the point. There are an amazing amount of great school districts in Atlanta. Morningside is packed with great school systems. Also the Grant Park charter school is highly sought after. Decatur also has some great schools as well. One of the most sought after schools there is Oak Grove Elementary.

I would suggest speaking directly with a REALTOR® to figure out what the real estate market in the best school districts have to offer. Also take a look at http://WWW.GREATSCHOOLS.ORG and read the reviews on different schools around Atlanta.

Tyler Willis, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty Intown
(678)656-5524
Violet C. Mc…, Agent, BETHLEHEM, GA
Mon Mar 12, 2012
hello Lordson,
In the Atlanta area, we offer several neighborhoods that have top rated schools, great shopping, family recreaction as well as many churches. if you can send me more details of what you want I can narrow the search for you. Let me know price, number of bedrooms, number of baths, children age/ grade status
where you will work, what's improtant to your family in regards to fun and family time shared. Would you like a new home or reale.
One neighborhood is designed for transportation throughout the city on electrice golf carts. Another offers the top ranking school with shopping thats out of this world.
Sherrie Crow, Agent, Decatur, GA
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Dear Lordson,

If you want to be inside the I-285 perimeter--- commonly known as ITP---- you could not do better than Decatur. Decatur is a small incorporated city about 6 miles east of downtown Atlanta. Decatur has great schools, neighborhoods that are true neighborhoods, and beautiful houses. The location is also great: it's near universities, arts venues, and millions of great restaurants. The town square hosts concerts throughout the year, an arts festival every spring, and an amazing book festival that attracts top writers every year.

Can you tell I love Decatur?
Feel free to call if I can give you more details.

I assume from your inquiry that you are re-locating. You are going to love our beautiful city!

Cordially.
Sherrie Crow
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
404-790-8184
sherriecrow@kw.com
Priscilla Ha…, Agent, Powder Springs, GA
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Lordson, that's really something you'll have to decide for yourself. You don't want to purchase a home and possibly have a 30 year mortgage on it in an area based upon someone else's suggestion. They may not like the same things you like.
David Herren, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Dear Lordson,

Those are all very good criteria, but they should not be the first ones you use to determine where to live in Atlanta since the metro area is comprised of 14 counties and includes a large and diverse area. You might start by thinking about how long you want to commute to work among other things.

What you consider good schools and an acceptable crime rate are subjective too, flooding is not. With that in mind I suggest you research school ratings on your favorite search engine, look up local police department websites, and consult FEMA flood insurance maps when you find a home you are interested in.

A faster way is to consult a good Realtor. If they are not familiar with the area where you want to search, ask for a referral. Do not expect any Realtor to be an expert in all areas of Atlanta.

Web Reference:  http://bestatlproperties.com
Dominique Br…, Agent, Buford, GA
Mon Mar 12, 2012
I definitely agree with the first answer from davidwbrower.
Matt Epps, Agent, Johns Creek, GA
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Cherokee County has a lot of great deals right now, and has one of he best school systems in the state.

Again, it will depend on where you work and how far of a commute you are willing to do. But it's a good place to start!
Web Reference:  http://www.ourhud.com