Best location for rental property?

Asked by mgvrmark, Ocean City, NJ Fri Sep 27, 2013

Answers

3
Ealita (Lee)…, Agent, Sea Isle City, NJ
Fri Sep 27, 2013
The closer to the beach the better. Views will also help you book up for the season and sometimes off season and weekends too if you want to take it that far.

Owning and managing two properties in Sea Isle City for 25 years now I have found that my larger 5 bedroom property takes more abuse than the smaller 4 bedroom unit.

If you purchase something newer (under 10 years old) you have a better chance that there will be less maintenance and cost associated. Older homes usually have wooden decks and railings etc and if not replaced will require constant annual maintenance.

Lee Browning
Farina & Boeshe R/E
609-263-2828
Donna McKenna, Agent, Sea Isle City, NJ
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Very difficult question. Of course, I think all of Sea Isle City is amazing! That being said, I would have to know your specific interests to find the perfect location for you and your family. Either end of the island (Townsend's Inlet to the south and Strathmere to the north) offer the convenience of being both close the ocean as well as close to the bay. Both areas tend to be a bit quieter than the center of town where you find many of the island shops, restaurants and clubs. If you love to fish, we have many bay-front homes that come with docks to keep your boat close for those quick excursions. These properties offer amazing sunset views and tons of amenities. Or, if you prefer, we also have glorious ocean-front properties that have views of the ocean to die for. I would need to know your interests to give you a better idea of the area that would work best for your particular needs. Call me anytime, (609) 263-3400 to discuss all your options.
With the spring market upon us, there are many properties currently listed for sale that may inspire you to jump on the bandwagon and buy a shore property of your own. Call or e-mail me and I would be happy to send you links to properties to get your search in full swing. My phone number is (267) 255-0777 or dlm@landisco.com.
Flag Fri Mar 21, 2014
You are welcome. Please let me know if you are interested in looking at any properties in Sea Isle City or, if you have interest, I could show you properties in all four areas and we can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each area. Call me anytime (609) 263-3400 or my cell (267) 255-0777.
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
Donna,

Thanks for your informative response (the other one). Good to know that Townsend is a rentable area -- it looks like there are nice homes there. The plan is to rent the house in season, and use it ourselves off-season. We'd like to rent 8 - 10 weeks per year. When we're using it ourselves, we'll be looking forward to enjoying the beach, walking, maybe biking, restaurants, etc -- we're not partiers and don't have any kids or grandkids, so a quieter part of town would be better for us. I just don't want to buy in an area that is so quiet that it becomes hard to rent in the summer. Also considering Ocean City, Cape May, Stone Harbor and Avalon. I'm thinking that a 4-bedroom house would be best for rental, right? And we definitely want relatively new construction (roughly less than 10 yr old).
Thanks!
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
mgvrmark, Home Buyer, Ocean City, NJ
Fri Sep 27, 2013
To elaborate a bit on my question -- what's the best area in Sea Isle City to own a summer home that we plan to rent out? How critical is it to be east of Landis Avenue? Do homes west of Landis rent well, just at lower prices? Working north to south, is the prime rental market between 30th and 50th? Is it hard to find tenants for properties south of 50th? How about Townsend's Inlet, it looks like there are nice homes there -- but are they hard to rent out due to distance from the boardwalk?
If you are looking to rent, home east of Landis are a bit more marketable. I do not think that properties south of 50th have a weaker market than between 30th to 50th. In fact, many prospective tenants want to be away from the nightlife in the center of town. Townsend's Inlet has a strong rental market. I know many people are very partial to Townsend's Inlet. The most important factors to most renters is that the property is clean, modern and nicely furnished. If you consistently maintain your home and keep it fresh and nice, you will have no problem finding tenants that will return every year. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call and speak to me directly. (609) 263-3400
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
Give me a call to discuss.
Drew
609-263-2267
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013