Home Buying in Sarasota>Question Details

karenmcgee99, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Best family friendly community around University Parkway area?

Asked by karenmcgee99, Sarasota, FL Fri May 24, 2013

My family & I have settled on moving to the University Parkway area of Sarasota/Bradenton. What are the best family friendly neighborhoods in the area in the mid to upper 200's? We'd love a neighborhood with lots of kids around. Lakewood Ranch is pretty but we don't like the fact that a community pool is hard to find there.

Karenmcgee99, As agents, we really can not recommend specific neighborhoods. If you consider what amenities are important to you in a home that will lead you to a broad variety of neighborhoods.

Sarasota was settled as a second home community. Thus, most homes are 2 bedrooms/2 baths. There are some with 3 bedrooms 2 baths.

Manatee has most of the new homes and newer homes that were built in the 2000s. These offer 3 bedrooms / 2 baths and some 4 bedroom homes. The living space, your price point and other family needs might be the deciding factors in selecting a home and neighborhood.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.

If you would like to search the MLS like an agent, visit our website and sign up for your free Listing Book account. This powerful search program allows you to set up your personal homefinder criteria and save your favorite homes, follow recent solds all in real time! Find the home you’re searching for quickly.
In my opinion as well as most realtor's would say that Lakewood Ranch is by far the most kid friendly community. LWR is one of the top rated communities in the country with great schools, shopping and entertainment for both kids and adults. As far as the pool being hard to find it depends on which community you are looking at as placement is different in all communities. In any process you have to weigh the good and the bad & I think if you do that you will see that LWR is far heavier on the good especially if kids are involved.
If you need any help in the area I have over twelve years experience in this area.
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me.
Many of the neigborhoods on the North Side of University Park off Lockwood Ridge are in that price range and very family friendly, like Oak Run, Vintage Creek, Barrington Ridge.

University Place is also very nice, off University and Honore, gated with 2 pools, one for kids and one for adults. You may find something in Mote Ranch of Palm Aire, fewer kids but a nice community pool and kayack launch to the river.

If you want more suggestions please contact me. I grew up in this area, I use to ride my bike on I75 when it was being built and University parkway was a dirt road!

Theresa Guest -Michael Saunders & Co
I live in the University Park. Built a house there 8 years ago. I have two young children. Our family loves the area. Let me know if you would like a personal tour and connection to someone with insight in the area please let me know.

Five Year Winner - Five Star Award- Best in Client Satisfaction
Sarasota Home Realty
2100 Constitution Boulevard
Sarasota, FL 34231

Website: http://www.SarasotaHomeRealty.com
E-mail: SarasotaReal@gmail.com
Phone: (941) 544-6763 FAX: (941) 866-7588