Best Suburbs To Live In Within A 30 Minute Train/Ferry Ride of 200 VESEY ST, NY 10285

Asked by Pranav Sahai, New York, NY Fri Jan 10, 2014

We are moving from Phoenix, AZ to NYC and our office is going to be around 200 VESEY ST, NYC 10285.

Request info on finding a decent suburn to live in with the follwing filters:
30 Min door to door by train or ferry
2000 sq ft at a very minimum ( uh we are coming from phoneix)
1 Mil budget to buy with 300-500K cashdown.
Thankyou for your consideration.

Answers

4
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Thu Jan 23, 2014
Please call me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck on your move.
Laura Carroll, Agent, Garden City, NY
Sat Jan 11, 2014

Garden City is only 33 minutes on the train with 4-5 different train stations within the town. Almost any area that you live in GC has a walkable train station or is within a 2 minute drive.

I would be more than happy to help you in your hunt for the perfect home. I specialize as well in relocation and understand all of the needs of someone who is moving across the country from out of the area. I am able to pay special attention to all of those details. I would love to help you find your dream home whether it be in Garden City or another surrounding town with great proximity to downtown NYC. I understand the train lines as well as the subways and commute to downtown NYC as I did it for 9 years.

Please feel free to contact me at laurac@thedonnellygroup.com or on my cell and we can get you famliar with some of the areas that fit your requirements.

Laura Carroll
The Donnelly Group
730 Franklin Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
917-370-5354
Peter Forsman, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jan 10, 2014
Hi Pranav,
Glad you will be joining us in the NYC area, I hope you are looking forward to your move to the east coast. I'm sorry to say but "door to door" in 30 minutes without living in the city is almost impossible and finding an apartment in Manhattan for $500 per sq foot is next to impossible, however there are some outlying boroughs and areas where the the commute is less than others. Westchester is an option, via express train it takes about a half hour more or less but when you factor in the time that it takes to get to the train and then the subway ride after you have arrived in the city you end up with roughly an hour commute. There are parts of New Jersey where you can come in by either Ferry or Path train into the World Trade center...again the minimum time all in is going to be roughly an hour. So no matter how you slice it, if you want to live in the suburbs then you are looking at about an hour commute via public transportation minimum. That being said I work with one of the largest most experienced professional network of Realtors in the NYC area and can help to make your transition easy and drama free. If you would like to talk a little more about your impending move and how I can assist please feel free to contact me at any time.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Peter Forsman
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Douglas Elliman
peter.forsman@elliman.com
908-510-5642
Michelle Wei…, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jan 10, 2014
The express train from Great Neck -Port Washington line on the LIRR will get you to the city in 30 minutes.(My home town!) Or Scarsdale area of Westchester. Let me know if you need an excellent agent in those areas & I will put you in touch. (I work Manhattan & Brooklyn).
Best of luck!
Michelle
Thankyou all for you time and consideration. It looks like we will end up in Edgewater,NJ.
Flag Thu Jan 23, 2014