Best ROI neighborhood with a buy now and sell in 5 years? Bushwick? Williamsburg? Carroll Gardens? Red Hook? Anyone know?

Asked by Marybeth Bentwood, NY, Mon Jun 4, 2012

Answers

11
First Last’s answer
First Last, , 90002
Tue Jun 5, 2012
A holding period of 5 years is too short to guarantee meaningful appreciation anywhere in Brooklyn.

If you are buying a place to live in for yourself that makes more sense than renting--almost anything you could buy makes more sense than renting right now!--I would focus on purchasing a property that is easy to sell in 5 years.

Because if you can't sell it for as least as much as you paid for it, you will have to sell at a loss to get your money out in 5 years. Most people do not like this at all.

There are easy to sell properties in all the neighborhoods you list here. It's not the macro location so much as the micro location--the particular block--and the specifics of the property itself.

Also, if you buy a place that needs some work and you fix it up, you might be able to turn a little profit when it comes time to sell. That's the way professionals make money in real estate during level markets.

If your time horizon can expand to 10 years, then purchasing a property that can be rented easily and at a good rent would be paramount. Not surprisingly, such a property is also easy to sell.

I know all of these Brooklyn neighborhoods well, I'd be delighted to meet with you to find out more about what you're seeking and find properties that will work out great for you.

Karla Harby
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
New York, NY
kharby@crrnyc.com
212-688-1000x146
Ebony McKewn, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Mar 19, 2015
Yes these places are hot now, but in t n5 years your best ROI will come from places like Eastern Crown Heights, Ocean-Hill, East New York, Cypress Hills, East Flatbush, Ditmas Park, Gowanus, and Kensington .
Sam Gold, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Mar 10, 2015
Right now the most hot areas are Clinton Hill, Bed-Stuy and part of Crown Heights.
Lior Raviv, Agent, woodhaven, NY
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Hello, Bushwick is the best place for ROI right now, i have 15 properties in the best blocks of Bushwick available for sale at below market value. Lior 718-880-2170
Mjudgeny, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Bed Sty would be a good choice as well.....the Heights have the most beautiful housing but I have a friend on Throop, 15 min to the A train but I think thats a sleeper area. There is a nice pocket park community garden in there that's sweet. But its still rough! you have to deal with that.
Mjudgeny, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Oct 14, 2012
forget it all besides Bushwick: nothing under a million in any other neighborhood, and that was 4 years ago when I was looking.
Luke Constan…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Didn't I already answer this question?

crown Heights right now is one of the fastest emerging areas in Brooklyn. I have literally seen 7 stores pop up withing a matter of months on Franklin Avenue. The Brooklyn Flea (Which is already in Fort Greene and Williamsburg) is opening there soon which will bring tons of revenue to that area. here are some articles that might interest you:

The Wall Street Journal about the building of business on Franklin Ave.

http://ilovefranklinave.blogspot.com/2012/04/wsj-brownstoner…

New York Times article on the fast building on Franklin Avenue

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/01/nyregion/in-crown-heights-…

If you need a Realtor who knows Crown Heights, give me a call anytime!

Luke Constantino
Commercial | Residential
REMAX PARK SLOPE
Direct: (212) 300-3919
Lukeconstantino@remax.net
http://LukeConstantino.com
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Dear Marybeth:

We can theorize all day long but in the end nobody has a crystal ball to predict the future. Anywhere in Brooklyn is a safe investment in my opinion and historically speaking, especially in the long haul. The fact remains that even through bad market times, the vast, vast majority of homeowners in Brooklyn have plenty of equity in their homes.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Martina Ryan, Agent, Bayside, NY
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Bushwick & Williamsburg are probably your best choices. Carroll Gardens is already up there & Red Hook is not moving as fast.
M, , Brooklyn, NY
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Depends what kind of CAP your looking for?

Email mayifacilitate@gmail.com or call 917-682-5133her to discuss, thanks.
Luke Constan…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Crown heights around Franklin Ave and Park Pl. - The neighborhood is in the midst of change.