Best Neighborhoods in Las Vegas or Henderson???

Asked by Chasman, Reno, NV Sun Jan 18, 2009

I realize this is a ridiculous, open-ended question, but looking for -
1. An incredible deal on a single family home in the $250,000 range.
2. Part of a community with a shared clubhouse or pool area.
3. Something like a "poor man's" Anthem Country Club area.
4. Schools are not important as it will be our vacation home only.
5. Near a reasonably priced golf course.
6. Not too far from airport.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Answers

7
Joseph Rugge…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Jan 18, 2009
Hello Chasman,
I would enthusiastically recommend Summerlin as the Best Neighborhood to live in Las Vegas! In addition to having the best scenery in the entire valley with views of neighboring Red Rock Canyon, Summerlin has a very high quality of life with parks, trails, golf and sports fields and community centers with pools and tennis and classes and much more! Summerlin is close to the resonably priced Sun City Summerlin golf courses and has homes in the $250,000 range as well! The airport is only 25 minutes away and when the Summerlin Centre Mall opens this will be another great addition to our quality of life! If i can be of assistance in your second home search please do not hesitate to contact me directly and feel free to take a look at my website listed below!

Joseph Ruggeroli
702-523-4953
Web Reference:  http://vegasdreamsellers.com
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Apr 12, 2011
Chasman: I assume that your #1 on your list in your highest priority. There is a subscription service that tracks every forclosure in Las Vegas, from default, to auction, to Bank REO. As of April 10, 2011 there are 6400 Bank REOs and only 1400 mare listed. There are a good selection of homes that sold 4 years ago in the $400,000 to $500,000 range that can be purchased around $250,000.
The original buyer's had the same requests taht you have from #2 to #6. Questions? email or call +1-7024997037

David Cooper Las Vegas Investor in Bank Owned REOs with Cash Flow. +1-7024997037
not a real estate agent
Eric Israel, Agent, Orange, CA
Tue Apr 12, 2011
Does anyone know what a newer normal type single family home rent for in the Henderson area? Say a 4 bedroom 2 story home with aprox 2500 SqFt?
Marilyn Orcu…, , Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jan 19, 2009
There are probably several communities in Las Vegas and Henderson that fit that description. One that comes immediately to mind is Rhodes Ranch which is in the southwest area of Las Vegas, has a golf course, and an incredible amount of other amenities. As you know, agents can't steer you toward any particular community, but when you give a concrete list such as you have, that is information that can be input directly into the MLS to find what you want. You didn't mention how far is too far. When I have Calif. clients who drive 45+ to work that criteria makes a difference. So is 1/2 hr. too far or are you wanting something even closer? Hopefully you have a great agent who can find that special home for you, but if not I would be happy to help you. Naturally there ae a few other questions that I would need answered, but it should not be a problem finding something that fits your criteria. Give me a call-Marilyn (702) 348-7146.
Web Reference:  http://www.MarilynOrcutt.com
Len McGuirk, , Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jan 19, 2009
Hi Chasman,

There are many great areas that have the features that you are desiring. There are a few communities in Henderson that I personally love. I live in Henderson and my office is also here too. Some of these communities include Green Valley, Seven Hills and Anthem. These are some of the most highly desired areas in the entire Las Vegas valley. I am extremely familiar with these areas as well. If you would like to discuss your situation with me, I would be happy to help you. I have many clients that are purchasing 2nd homes from other locations. Let me know if we can talk. My contact info is below.

Len McGuirk, Realtor
Prudential Americana Group
~Green Valley Office~
Cell: (702) 203-6688
LenM@AmericanaGrp.com
Helene Moore, Agent, Henderson, NV
Sun Jan 18, 2009
Hi Chasman,
I would recomend green valley ranch location. There are some beautiful one story homes near the golf course or another sugestion is a patio home in the beautiful enclave of Green valley gated communities. Price points are any where from 180k up to 300k and of course there are higher end homes as well. I could find you a beautiful patio home for around 180- 225 k . The Legacy Golf Club is home to the most distinctive tee boxes in Las Vegas on the par-three hole named "The Suits." This 193-yard hole features tees in the shape of a spade, club diamond and heart. Nationally acclaimed golf course architect Arthur Hills has created a complete desert masterpiece with rugged lava rock gatherings, multiple tier fairways and large undulating greens. This brilliant Las Vegas Golf Course design is enhanced by impeccable playing conditions, contrasting desert flora and native grasses. An annual host to the United States Open Qualifying and the American Junior Golf Association, The Legacy Golf Club provides all players with a variety of challenges: a demanding championship test requiring strategy and strength for the accomplished player, while posing an intriguing and modest challenge from the forward tees.

On your next trip over Las Vegas, take a peek out your plane window and you might just spot it when landing. Numerous bunkers, rolling mounds, large greens and multi-level fairways accent the Legacy. Desert rock outcroppings decorate areas between many of the holes. 1-877-669-4653

Directions
From the Strip:
Take Sunset (Left) 6.3 miles to Green Valley Parkway. Make a right on Green Valley Parkway; The Legacy will be 2.7 miles on the left at the corner of Green Valley Pkwy. and Wigwam. From the corner of Las Vegas Blvd. and Tropicana it should take about 15-20 minuets to get to The Legacy.

Give me a call if you have any questions. I could send you some listings to pre-view before you make your decision.

Helene M Moore
Windermere Prestige Properties
702-275-2192
Francisco La…, , 89084
Sun Jan 18, 2009
Hi Chasman
there are several homes with the features you are looking for in Henderson
some under 200.000, if you like me to e-mail you some of the listings please let me know
I will be more than happy to help you.
thanks

Francisco Lazcano
Coldwell Banker Realty
702 657-6897
lazcano1@aol.com
http://www.lasvegashome4you.com