Best Home Warranty company?

Asked by Chad Benson, Chicago, IL Wed May 29, 2013

The seller is willing to give us a $500 credit to purchase our own home warranty for a newer condo. What companies are out there? Who has the best reputation for response time/customer service? I spoke to Home Warranty of America and the sales person on the phone didn't even know what a duplex-up condo was, nor was she willing/able to explain how the claims process worked. Not very confidence-inspiring. Any insights/recommendations are much appreciated!

Answers

9
Daniel Mirea, Agent, chicago, IL
Wed Sep 25, 2013
i also use HWA . Liane Luckett is the best in the industry!!!! She can work with you on the price!
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Hi Chad,

As you can see the general consensus is HWA, Liane Luckett. I agree, you probably got someone new or in training.

Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 29, 2013
Call Liane Luckett with HWA. Maybe you got a bad person. They really are great. (708) 205-5193
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Wed May 29, 2013
Ask your Realtor to order it and get the Realtor discount they offer...
I only use Globe Home warranty and tell them you have a coupon for 13 months free.
$500 is way too much credit. $314 would do it.
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 29, 2013
I also vouch for HWA. A locally based company and long time established field reps, which are key to getting good service when you need it. You need to talk to Liane Luckett 708 205 5193
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 29, 2013
Home Warranty of America also get the orange plan upgrade
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Wed May 29, 2013
My clients have had good experiences with HWA.
Call again and speak to someone else.
Sari Levy, Agent, Addison, IL
Wed May 29, 2013
Chad,

I've had great experience with HWA and am shocked to hear that the person you spoke with didn't have answers. If you'd like, email me directly and I'll forward your story along.

I'm guessing you are already working with a broker, have they made any recommendations?

Sari Levy
Managing Broker
Lucid Realty
slevy@lucidrealty.com
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 29, 2013
http://homebuying.about.com/od/buyingahome/qt/HomeWarranty.htm

read the attached link and you will know what your looking for.