Home Buying in Plymouth>Question Details

G&K Corp, Home Buyer in Plymouth, MA

Been looking along Plymouth waterfront for some time. Is the insurance significantly higher even if its few homes back? Revetment-owners expense?

Asked by G&K Corp, Plymouth, MA Sat Dec 29, 2012

The best thing to do is speak with an insurance professional in the Plymouth area
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Hello. I'm not a realtor at this point lol but I can answer this for you secondary to owning homes on the ocean, regular land and ponds. :)

If buying on the ocean ~ Depending on the location of the home, you would need to purchase additional flood insurance UNLESS you are at a higher altitude ( on a hill) and out of what is considered a " flood zone".Cost is depending on the coverage need. The closer to the actual water you are, the more coverage you need.

Pond or lake living isn't different from that of a regular land purchase.

Hope this helps!! And good luck!!
How about this one that is on a hill with beach rights?

The insurance cost will be a result of the FEMA flood zone designation, the history of the property, the insurance company that may or may not have experience in the area, and other things.

Waterfront in Plymouth is also affected by erosion.

I would use a local real estate professional to save time and money and also to make sure you don't miss a great rental.

Just over the bridge, Falmouth MA has more waterfront than any other town in the US.
I list and sell in Falmouth primarily, and in Plymouth occasionally.
Robert Paul Properties is the leader in the luxury market in these areas.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Web Reference: http://www.RobertPaul.com
If you are close to the water even if you are not directly on the shore you will most likely pay a higher premium. I would contact Nolan Insurance Agency in Plymouth they offered me a good rate for a property I own near the ocean. If I can help you with your search please let me know. Thanks,
Shawn Costa
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012