123456, Home Buyer in 08052

Bad credit. Decent income. Need recommendations for credit repair and bad credit mortgage shopping. Is there hope?

Asked by 123456, 08052 Mon Aug 8, 2011

I make 73k in South NJ. Very stable job. Great benes. Bad credit: one charge off, many lates/a few collections. Student loan, credit card, and car payment (mostly student loans) equal approx. $1100 per month. Is there any hope? My wife has issues as well (a credit card/medical bill) but is a stay-at-home mom so I would not include here on the mortgage unless I need to. We are currently renting. Any hope out there?

Hello 123456,
Thanks for your question. You are not alone. Several people I had talked to recently have the same situation. The best thing you can do is talk to your or a loan officer who will tell you the steps to improve your credit. After a few months you can have them check it again to see if it has been raised to the level you need.
There is hope if you follow the steps they tell you. Do not pay for credit repair. It is always better to apply any funds to your debt.
Once you are ready I will be happy to assist you in finding the home you will be happy with.
Good luck to you!
Ines De La Cruz
RE/MAX Connection
Web Reference: http://www.inesdelacruz.com
My office has 3 outstanding mortgage/financial professionals on site in our Main Street Moorestown location. They do credit councelling with clients & will give you specific steps you need to take to repair your credit and qualify for a mortgage. Free of charge.

Please get in touch with me via email or cell/text and we can set up an appointment for you and your wife.

Barbara L Smith
Weichert Realtors
Moorestown Office
NJ & PA Licensed
cell/text 609-980-7593
Web Reference: http://BarbSellsSJ.com
DO NOT PAY for help with your credit. DO NOT use the internet solutions. You need a good mortgage loan officer who you is local to you, can see you in person and talk to you on the phone. No long distances people. There is no charge for the guidance. They want to straighten you out and get you a mortgage after all your ducks are in order. Sometimes it takes a year or so but you need to get on tract. I work with several good people.

Rita Milo
Prudential McHugh Realty
There is always hope....contact me and I will put you in contact with a Wells Fargo Mortgage Rep. who works specifically with homebuyers who fit your profile. You will get the information you need to make the best decision for your family. Hope to hear from you soon.
Definitely contact a mortgage company.

I suggest Metro Home Mortgage at https://www.metrohomemtg.com/metro/index.html.
They have new programs for those with credit challenges. A higher down payment may be required but you'll never know until you try!
Web Reference: http://www.AgentGraham.com
I am the queen of do-it-yourself credit repair! I had so many clients that needed help over the years so I compiled a step by step guide that I email them free. That way instead of just rejecting the mortgage application, I just told them to come back in a few months, and they did.
Anyone that wants a copy, hit me at jmax123@aol.com and I will forward it to you.

You should start off by talking with a mortgage company that can address your issues and find a program that you may fit into, to purchase a home.
There are many factors that mortgage companies look at. If you would like some recommendations, send me an email.

Gina Fagnnai/Realtor Associate