Home Buying in Tyler>Question Details

At Whits End, Home Buyer in Tyler, TX

Avidly searching for a proactive real estate agent who can get the job done!

Asked by At Whits End, Tyler, TX Wed Nov 18, 2009

My husband and I are first time homebuyers who know what we are looking for. We need you to help us buy it! The type of home we are looking for is the following:

3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage (minimum, can exceed)
At least 1300 sq. ft. (give/take)
Price not to exceed $135,000
In a GOOD neighborhood – preferably the azalea district
We would like an older home, something built around 1950 but not before 1940
Hard wood floors would be a plus
Good school districts
Backyard (a pool would be nice too)
Turn key ready if closed at full price of $135,000 – if sold for less that $135, we would be able to put some work into the home.

We are looking for an agent that will help us and search for our dream home. If you feel that you are available to help us, please reply to this thread with your contact information and I will be happy to contact you.

There are a lot of 3/2/2/ homes available in Tyler. B ut I would suggest that you prioritize your wants and needs. Is it more important to be in a good school district? or is it more important to have the charm of an older home. What is it about the Azalea district you like? To find a home in the Azalea district that does not need a lot of work will realistically run more than 135,000. But with the right realtor you can locate something that will fill your list of wants and needs. I would be more than happy to help you find that home.
Just give me a call, we can talk and I can begin searching for you.
Carolyn Maas, Realtor
Keller Williams - Tyler
You have several great agents that have responded to your question so the difficult thing now is to make a choice! Please be aware that you or your agent must BE READY to look at new listings at a moments notice as this price range is affordable for many homebuyers. Also,with the first time homebuyers tax credit, there has been an exceptional amount of activity in the $100,000 to $150,000 range.To get the job done and to be seriously considered if there are multiple offers on a home, it is important to have been approved by a lender and to have an approval letter on hand to submit with any offers. Existing rates are running between 4.625% and 4.75% on 30 year loans for buyers with a good credit history. My name is Audrey Pongetti with Cornerstone Brokerage. I have two other agents on my team. Jackie Norris and Lynn McCoy. We work together to meet the needs of our clients and we are ready to work for YOU! Call us at 903 372 4270 or look at our website http://www.GreatTylerHomes.com.
Actually there are several things out there right now...I'm wondering if you've seen Dartmouth, Sneed, Jan or Crestview just to name a few?
Web Reference: http://www.angelakhill.com
Bless your heart...not sure what exactly you've been dealing with but you sound a little frustrated! It can be a very daunting task to say the least and while I am in no way defending the actions of another, I do have to say that it can sometimes take a while to find the right one. I'm actually a big believer in that the house picks you and that you know when its right! Your request isn't impossible but might be a little more difficult to find in the azalea district. Not impossible though! One area you might want to consider also is the green acres area. It offer's alot of what your looking for also. I've lived here all my life and both of those area's have always been my favorites. No matter who you pick...make sure they're willing to work with you and for you...after all that's their job. I personally hate it when you hear complaint's such as yours because it makes the rest of us look bad and I for one, take great pride in the job that I do for my clients. Actually I don't build a book of business, I make friends! I'm so confident that I'll even give you references! Good luck to you and I feel sure you will find your dream home...just hang in there! If I can do anything for you don't hesitate to let me know.

Angela Hill
Hi! I understand how hard it can be to find the perfect home these days. I would love to help you and your husband find your dream home. I have been an agent for 5 years in the Tyler area and am very fimilar with Tyler neighborhoods as well as desirable school districts. I work for Keller Williams Realty and feel that my attention to detail as well as my service puts me above the pack. I feel confident that we will find a home that will meet your needs. You can feel free to call me on my cell phone at any time. My number is (903)714-9724. My website is http://www.BuyEastTexasHomes.com if you would like to get more information about me. Thanks!
Hi! I am Holly Hightower with Coldwell Banker United Realtors. I performed a search with your criteria and feel that I may be able to assist you in your search. My one question for you is: Is your lending information in place? That will be the first item to accomplish if you wish to work together. I am happy to assist you find your home. Please visit my web site listed below and contact me if you feel I may best assist you!