Average cost of a termite & lead paint inspection? When should it be done? Can I go see he property as many times as I want before the sale is?

Asked by Steven, Wed Dec 12, 2012

final? In the processes of purchasing a 3 unit mix-used property and wanted to go see it again to make sure I didn't overlook anything. I have already seen it twice before I made an offer. What is the average price for a termite and lead inspection and when should I have it done?

Answers

3
Marsha Bowen Washington’s answer
Marsha Bowen…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Dec 13, 2012
It's best to do both these inspections during your due diligence period. Your attorney can advise you of the time frame. If you need to find professionals for these inspections, your agent should have a list.

Armin Lusiny…, Agent, Short Hills, NJ
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Hello Steven,
Usually, it's the buyer's agent who should be helping you with all these steps/questions/needs/reminders etc...

Best of luck!
Armin Lusinyants
I see...an unfortunate mistake a lot of buyers make. Good luck! The sellers agents has obligations to the seller.
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Yes, I understand Armin, but it just so happens that my agent is the sellers agent and I am not sure who's side he is on.
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Steven Tambu…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Hi Steven. Great questions. Is the property vacant? You can see it as many times as your agent can get you through. Depending on their schedule. If its occupied, appointments need to be made with the seller. Termite in south jersey anyway, runs about $75. Lead based paint could be closer to $125 as lab tests are requird.
For your due diligence period, remember you have a time period in your contract. Could be 10 calendar or business days from the expiration of your attorney review period. Make sure you read your contract and know the time period that it allows you.
I hope this helps
Steve
(856) 905-2966 cell.
Thanks for all your information Steven. It appears that my attorney amended the contact so I could have the inspections done at any time. I have been having a hard time finding someone to do the lead based paint test. Do you recommend anyone?
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012