As a buyer what's most important to you?

Asked by Brian & Michelle Healy, Londonderry, NH Wed Oct 3, 2007

Finding a perfect turnkey home...?
Finding a flexible seller who is willing to help you close with minimum out-of -pocket..?
Assurance that you can sell down the road for a decent profit...?

Answers

5
Hi, , Virginia
Mon Mar 24, 2008
I didn't realize all the Real Estate Pros were buying real estate.

anyways Real Estate Pros

good luck to you
Warner King, , Portsmouth, NH
Mon Mar 24, 2008
Great neighbors and neighborhood ranks high. The perfect turnkey home is sometimes out of reach..we always want more. Assurance of future profits is relative. Minimum out of pocket....maybe you are not ready to buy. Finding friends next door for you and your family is like finding gold.
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Thu Oct 4, 2007
Since none of our current consumer buyers have chimed in on the discussion: I will put my two cents in as a buyer.

I have been on both sides of the coin. I actually had a sellers agent teach a seller how to play a slight of hand trick. Stained carpet? No problem - put an area rug on top of it.

As a buyer I want full disclosure - in the absence thereof, I will not hesitate to poke and prod myself. As a buyers agent I will do the same - poke under that area rug; prod under the sink. Look at the exterior as if it were my front living area.

Leave no stone unturned - and if slight of hand is afoot - walk away.

As a buyer's agent I do my best to ensure my client and I do the best due diligence before the sale so as not to experience remorse later.

So the answer is: Due Diligence
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Oct 3, 2007
Having the seller tell the truth. Not having a sellers agent play games and assume I just came out from under a rock.
Web Reference:  http://www.iansellsnola.com
Carrie Crowe…, Agent, Southaven, MS
Wed Oct 3, 2007
Assurance that I could sell again later is a good one. Finding a great community for my family would be number one. I am currently a home buyer and seller.
Web Reference:  http://carriecrowell.com