As a Realtor, What is the best method of finding first time buyers?

Asked by Arbie Turner, Fort Hill, SC Fri Feb 24, 2012

I am looking to make first time buyers as a niche for me but I am not sure of the best methods of locating the leads.

Answers

5
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Feb 24, 2012
I found the best method of connecting with first-time (or any time) buyers was through direct contact at open houses. My first year in the business, I sat an open house each and every Sunday for entire year. I had a great year, and had a wonderful book of business that year.
Joetta Talfo…, Agent, Fort Mill, SC
Sat Feb 25, 2012
I like all these answers. You can also hold your own first time homebuyer workshops each month. You can send information out on your postcards about them too. That way you can for four months try the workshops and use the demographics that Scott suggested.
Scott Hulen, , 64068
Fri Feb 24, 2012
As an add on to Alan’s GREAT answer I have had luck with targeted direct mail to renters who make over 40k per year and are above age 30 and pay over 800.00 per month in rent in areas where I work as a Realtor®. You can set your demographics any way you desire and a company like postcard mania can set up a campaign for about .42 a unit, card & postage & demographic search, in quantities of 1000 at a time. I recommend repeated exposer and you should comment to at least a monthly mailing for 4 months. Good Luck!
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Because the vast majority of people go online to research, you should have good online presence. I don't mean having a pretty website, but rather going on places like this one to provide guidance to new buyers. Blog, post information on how-to-buy-your-first-home.

I recently attended a webinar presented by a listing agent who gets 90% of his business from craigslist where he posts ads with intriguing headlines. Check out ActiveRain.com for more ideas. If you're not there yet, you should go there posthaste.

See http://marketleader.wistia.com/m/5M3nEu

Open house is a fabulous resource -- but you also need to know how to handle open houses (Brian Buffini has a good video/script on this, too).
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Another method would be to stay in contact with past tenants and landlords you have assisted. Often tenants become home buyers, and landlords add to their properties.
Web Reference:  http://www.clovelake.com