4winds, Home Buyer in 20724

Area for an investment property

Asked by 4winds, 20724 Wed May 2, 2012

I want to buy an investment property in Columbia area. But I can see the rentals stay in the market for more than a month.
Is Laurel/in Anne Arundel county(20724) good area for the rental market? If so, what about the re-sale value in that area?

Answers

10
There are many wonderful investment opportunities in the Columbia area and the Laurel area also. When thinking of buying a property as a rental investment there are many things to consider many of which are: the average days on market, the cost of the property vs. the income, the cost of maintenance, insurance, condo/HOA fees, and taxes. How is your search going?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
The rental market is hot. Columbia have many good options. There are consideraciones based no your budget and type Of property, etc. Call me to work onyou goals.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
4winds,

What type of rental investment are you looking for? SFH, TW or condo unit? If you are looking for more knowledge on investing and how to find good properties, Exit Bennett has monthly meeting of investors, hard money lenders and people looking to learn more about investing. good food and information for me.
I can assist you in finding a home out there UNDER market value. Columbia, MD right?
Yes anne Arrundel is GREAT for a rental property. I'd say, the CLOSER you are to Arrundel Mills mall,the BETTER. How you found a home out there yet?
There aren't any bad areas for rentals if they are within the Fort Meade area of commuting. Columbia, Odenton, Severn, etc. Many have preference for Crofton because is very central to DC/Annapolis/Fort Meade and even Baltimore and is known for good schools. Many others like Annapolis and Pasadena also for the schools there is a good market for anything relatively close to Fort Meade.

Pick a middle income property with at least 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and preferably a garage. This type of property appeal to both the single professionals and those with children.

Is a great time for investing!
The rental market in Columbia is very hot. I don't see many staying on the market for more than a month. I own several investment properties, personally I would rather own property in more expensive areas where it is easier to find good qualified applicants and where the properties are always more sought after. I would only buy the properties if there is good cash flow.

My team and I have have helped many investors purchaser properties and we offer rental services to help them find a tenant as well. Let me know if I can help you further.
Hi 4winds,

The closer you stick to Fort Meade the better your chances for a quick rental. Rentals are not lasting anywhere in the general area unless they are overpriced or in bad condition. The most popular areas for military and DOD families are Columbia, Odenton (Piney Orchard), Crofton, Severn and Gambrills. We have a huge surplus of families looking for rentals and no properties available. Many families are looking for top rated schools too so do some research on sites like http://www.greatschools.org/ to see what parents are saying about their areas. Best of luck!
There are quite alot of renters out there these days. I think if you buy wisely and keep the price right and keep the property in good condition, there shouldn't be a problem with today's rental market.
Rentals stay on the market for several reasons. There might be a large surplus of rental units in that area, the rent they are charging might not be similar to the others in the area as well as the condition of the property. Rentals can work in any area if you do your research.

I recently have been helping some renters look for homes in the 20724 area as well as buyers. It is a strong market if the property is priced right. Fort Meade is expanding. What it really comes down to is, what are you willing to spend, are you willing to be a good landlord and maintain your property and do you have a good property management company?