Are you able to put a manufactred/modualr homr in the St.Joesph county in Indiana? If so how much land is required?

Asked by Patience, Lakeville, IN Sat Jun 30, 2012

Answers

1
Allen Grace, Agent, South Bend, IN
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Patience,
Thank you for your question. First of all there is a technical difference between Manufactured and Modular. Modular is generally allowed any where as they look and feel like a normal stick built home, and in fact can be stronger as they are built to be lifted in place by a crane. A manufactured home on the other hand has a mobile home chassis and is delivered to the site on it's own wheels and chassis. Modular homes are generally allowed everywhere on a normal buildable lot unless restricted by subdivision covenants as a type of construction. A manufactured home may be restricted also by local covenants and restrictions in subdivisions as a general rule. To my knowledge there is no minimum lot size as long as it is an approved buildable lot.

Hope this helps.
Let me know if I can be of additional assistance in any way.

Thank You! Another question we were wondering is where if at all can you get a loan for land/home? We've talked to one person who said they were hard to find these days.
Flag Sun Jul 8, 2012