Are those pre forclosure and forclosures real listings and can really estate agants take you to see them?

Asked by Anthony Defilippo, Staten Island, NY Mon Oct 15, 2012

Answers

4
Ron Thomas’ answer
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
There were at one time:
The postings on Trulia are not maintained as well as we would like; they can be ACTIVE, but they tend to be either SOLD or PENDING because the Market is going so fast now.

I like it when a Buyer ask to see the LISTINGS that meet their parameters; Price, Location, Bedrooms, Square footage, etc.
Then I e-mail them possibles and we can narrow down the choices.

Good luck and may God bless
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Oct 15, 2012
If looking at RealtyTrac--keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes can be misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent, as most do end up being listed by a broker--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.
Lorraine Vel…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Mon Oct 15, 2012
The information is not always accurate, consider contacting a licensed realtor.
Deborah Brac…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi Anthony,

Your best bet would be to work with a licensed realtor to obtain the most accurate information regarding these listings. I am a NYS licensed realtor in Staten Island and would be happy to help you if you'd like my assistance.