Are there new home builders in lower Montgomery Cty who would buy our house & we buy their new property?

Asked by Mjackson, Gaithersburg, MD Thu May 8, 2008

We want to unload our house in Gaithersburg and are interested in trading it for a new or even resale property (homes or townhomes) in Kensington, Rockville, Garrett Park, Bethesda, or Chevy Chase

Answers

5
Arthur Eusta…, , Montgomery Village, MD
Tue May 25, 2010
I think limiting your choices to those who would swap homes with you greatly reduces your selection, however there is such a platform at Zoomswap. Basically, it comes down to buying each other's homes. That is a needle in a haystack match if I ever heard one. Zoomswap also allows listing agents to post their listings for normal sale. I checked their website today and I didn't see any trades in Maryland.

I also checked for homes built after 2008 in the lower county area. Prices start near $1M in Bethesda and near $600K in Kensington. There are a number of new homes as a result of tearing down older homes in Bethesda, Kensington and Rockville. There may be a private homebuilder who would consider a trade for your home, if they feel they could profit from rehabbing yours and reselling it.

I don't want you to "unload" your home. I want to see you get the max value. I'd be happy to discuss all available strategies to help you achieve your goal.

Best fo Luck!

Art Eustace
RE/MAX Realty Group
Gaithersburg, MD
Direct 240-793-4554
realtorart@mris.com
http://www.ArthurEustace.com/free_home_valuation.asp
Rez Kodad, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun May 11, 2008
Probability to trade your house is very unlikely due to inventory, legal, and financial that builders are tied currently with their existing inventory. You can purchase a new home contingent to sale of your home, but trading yours for theirs I would say not. If you are interested about new homes forecast, than visit the attached link-
Cheers,
Jeff Escher, Agent, Rockville, MD
Fri May 9, 2008
Highly unlikely that a builder will buy or trade your home. However, you may be able to negotiate making the new house purchase contingent on the sale of your current home. As others have said, just list your home in the MLS with an experienced Realtor. Listen to your realtors price suggestion and price it to sell. Homes that are priced right are selling in this market - often with multiple offers.
Kelly Willey, , Harford County, MD
Fri May 9, 2008
I would suggest you consult with a real estate professional who will advise you on how to properly stage your home to maximize your financial return and sell as quickly as possible. They can then help you locate a new home with favorable terms and pricing. If you need a suggestion for an outstanding agent in your area send me an email. Good luck in your move. Kelly
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Fri May 9, 2008
You may be able to work out something on a resale, but it's not likely that a builder would do a trade. It's been done, but that was a promo a builder did for a short time many years ago. Since you will be looking for someone who wants to up-size or down-size, you will need the services of a pro even more than others. There are likely to be very few of either.

On the assumption that you would also just sell under the right terms, your best option is to list your home for sale--to include a trade--and make a buyer representation agreement with your agent. You do of course want an agent who is a REALTOR member of the MLS.