Are there many co-ops in Rossmoor that are changing over to condos? Co-ops seem to have troublesome rules so I would prefer a condo.

Asked by cswilkes, 84124 Sun Jun 29, 2014

But, in my price range there are not many condos.

Answers

2
Margaret Pri…, Agent, Lafayette, CA
Thu Jul 10, 2014
Rossmoor Co--Ops have certain advantages in what is covered by the HOA fees over what is covered by condo fees. Remember, too, that the property tax is included in the so-called "Coupon" or HOA fees for the Co-Ops but the condominium coupon does not include property taxes. There is much to consider other than sales price when looking at Rossmoor!
Nelson Khan, Agent, Brentwood, CA
Mon Jul 7, 2014
All of Rossmoor is going to be under some "rules" due to the Home Owners Association. Even if they convert to condos the restrictions are on the deed, so they affect the land that the property is built on. That's one reason why so many people choose to live in Rossmoor and it is what keeps it looking nice and providing amenities to the community.

If you really want to be free of bureaucrats telling you what to do with your own property your best bet is to live in a detached single-family home with no Home Owners Association

Was this helpful? Please select me as the best answer. Feel free to contact me with any questions you have :)
Just found this thread: http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/What_types_of_properties_can_you_purchase_in_Rossm-611271

It says you cannot own in Rossmoor without being part of the HOA.
Flag Mon Jul 7, 2014