wiznik5, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Are there good public schools for elementary education in Lincoln Park/Bucktown area?

Asked by wiznik5, Chicago, IL Sat Dec 8, 2012

We are new to Chicago and considering buy a condo/townhome in Lincoln Park/Bucktown. We have a growing family so concerned about the schools in the city. We have always been told that suburbs such as Naperville have great schools whereas in the city they are not good. We would love to hear opinions on this. If there are, which are the good public schools in the Lincoln Park/Bucktown area?

Answers

7
Kavita Patel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Check out the link below for the recent Chicago Magazine article on elementary schoosl. Keep in mind that while some are neighborhood schools many are magnet or lottery.

If you are considering the western burbs, you may want to look a little closer to they city for a easier commute into town.

We faced a similar situation when we moved to Chicago so I understand your concerns. My company has offices in the western and northern burbs along with the city in case you want to explore all these options.

I would appreciate the chance to help you settle into Chicago. Give me a call 312-451-7878 or e-mail me kavita@daprileproperties.com

Kavita
Broker d'aprile properties
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
As Realtors we really can not tell you which school is good or bad or which neighborhood is good or bad, it could be perceived as steering a buyer into or away from an area which is against the law.
So therefore when it comes to schools you need to do your own research, and by the way school children may have different needs or talents and the programs schools offer may be considered in different ways by parents in order to match them with their children....

There are many websites available that give you school reports. Some have been given to you by
the Realtors below. When you check the schools within the areas of Bucktown and Lincoln Park
also check and compare them to some of the schools in some of the Northern suburbs. It all just
depends what type of property you are looking for, condo or townhouse near downtown Chicago
or one of the Northern suburbs that are still close to downtown, i.e. either for a train commute from
the subs to the city, or a car commute of let's say about 30 + minutes....

Like suburbs like Wilmette, Glenview, Winnetka, Northfield etc. check those out as well.
If you need more help just get back again

Hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago and Northern Illinois and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients at @Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Chicago public school ratings and district information ...
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/il/chicago/schools/
Detailed information on Chicago public schools and school districts.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 9, 2012
We can't comment on what a "good" school is but I would check out greater schools.org it goes over the ratings.
Barbara Bied…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Since I have 3 grandchildren attending public school in Chicago, & the children of many clients as well, I would be happy to guide you. Better still, I would be happy to introduce you to parents just like yourself who would be happy to guide you! All are in the Lincoln Pk, Lakeview, North Center, & Lincoln Sq neighborhoods. I myself grew up in Chicago & I can attest to the fact that the CPS has made huge strides in educational excellence. Plus, if you or your wife work downtown, much less of a commute!! More time with the children!! Please call or email at 773-914-5309 or bbiederman@citypointrealty.com.

Barbara Biederman, City Point Realty
Sohail Salah…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Dec 8, 2012
Hello

There are good schools throughout Chicago and each neighborhood would put you in a different school however it depends on the street that you live on as many of them have boundary lines. You can also go to any school in Chicago however there is a lottery to many of the good schools.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Group Founder

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Locally Known, Globally Recognized"
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Dec 8, 2012
As a parent who has had all four of my kids in CPS schools, I can tell you if you do your homework and value living in the city, you will find great schools here.
The top four high schools in Illinois are all CPS.
The challenges are here, too, because not all schools are equal and not all schools are open enrollment by area, In fact, most of the schools with the highest test scores are either magnet / lottery access or gifted / academic centers with testing for admission.
But, there are some excellent neighborhood schools in the city, too.
Your best bet is to look up recent test scores for CPS , easily found on both the Chicago sun times and Chigao Tribune websites.
You should add Lakeview and Lincoln Square to those Northside neighborhoods, and if you look, you will find excellent neighborhood schools in many areas of the city.
If you'd like more detailed info, drop me a line or call.
Dave Hanna
773-732-9123
Davehanna123@gmail.com