Home Buying in Geauga County>Question Details

Brian Mccoy, Home Buyer in Chardon, OH

Are there certain programs for first time home buyers in Geauga County, how can I search on the net?

Asked by Brian Mccoy, Chardon, OH Sun Sep 2, 2007

Hi Brian,
There is a great program that the state of Ohio offers to first-time home buyers. It is called OHFA. Current rate is 5.875%. If you are a teacher or a policeman, you would may also qualify for an additional 1/4 point reduction. This rate was just quoted to me today from locally owned Heritage Mortgage Service, I have included a link below if you wish to speak with them.
Best advice is work with a local company. Especially in this market, you need to have a face with your loan if anything crops up.
You are in a perfect position right now. The inventory of homes out there is still large (Though it is shrinking), interest rates are still great, prices are depressed and sellers have never been more anxious to work with buyers!
This is truly a great time to be a buyer!!!!! If I can help you, let me know.
Hi Brian, The "First Time Home Buyer" programs have ended. BUT there is a great program from FHA. It allows the Seller to give the Buyer 3% for the down payment AND 3% for Closing Costs. This program is available to all that qualify. If you call Jonathan Harris at 216-373-2550 he give you all the EASY details of this program. I have buyers that are using this right now and they love it.
Don't search the net! You will get mislead. Call a lender locally or get a name from a Real Esate professional who knows which ones are offering first time buyer money.

Most of them do.

There are so many programs available now as long as your credit is ok.
Yes Brian, there are programs to help the first time buyer. The best person to get an answer from would be a loan officer. Sean Bass with Real Living Mortgage would be happy to help you. His phone number is 440 527-0257 or visit his website at http://www.seanbass.net and drop him an email. If you need a real estate agent to help you find your home, I can help you there. I work for Realty One in Chesterland. Phone 440 729-3300 or email me at s.ahrens@realliving.com
Web Reference: http://www.sallyahrens.com
Hi Brian!
Quick research into your area - and the following looks promising:

See what she can do for your particular situation!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2007
In which state is Geauga County located?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2007