Are there any true modernist houses available for sale in Westport, and if so, where?

Asked by Rick, New York, NY Sun May 4, 2008

Answers

3
Rk Ruthman, , Connecticut
Thu May 8, 2008
There is an eclectic range of properties in Connecticut that fall into "modernist style". It depends on the "ultra unique" features you would prefer. These homes do not sell as fast as the quintessential New England Colonial, but nonetheless have pizzazz and personality because of their amazing architecture.

RK Ruthman
Ruthman Real Estate
http://www.RuthmanRE.com
CT & NY Licensee
15 Years Experience
Catherine Ri…, Agent, Stamford, CT
Sun May 4, 2008
Hi Rick,
Does it have to be Westport? Although true modernist houses do exist there, true modernist houses are sort of scattered throughout Fairfield County. If the style home is what you are committed to, then you may have to be more flexible on town. For example, New Canaan offers probably the most choice in moderns, and I even know of one in Stamford (however, it needs considerable work). I have just finished working with a couple from NYC who also were looking for moderns -- we started in Darien, moved onto New Canaan, but actually ended up buying in Ridgefield! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!
Catherine Richardson
Keller Williams Real Estate
Office: 203-504-5331
Randi Hutton, Agent, Westport, CT
Sun May 4, 2008
Hi Rick,
True Modernist homes might be defined differently by different people so maybe you want to share some more details of what that means to you. There are modernist homes in Westport and a few of the neighboring towns. They come on now and again. Have you just been searching the internet or have you actually gone to some modernist homes that are not "true modernist houses" to you? I would be happy to delve into this issue more with you so please contact me directly at randi@huttonrealestate.com. Thank you.
Kindest regards,
Randi
William Raveis Real Estate
Westport
http://www.raveis.com
huttonr@raveisre.com