Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Julia, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Are there any towns surrounding the Dallas area, that tend to have cooler temps?

Asked by Julia, Dallas, TX Fri Jul 13, 2012

Heat is a real factor for me, although transfer is sending me to Dallas. Are any areas cooler than some, heavily treed, 3/4 acre or more lots where the homes are not all old. Want a nice safe, upper middle class area that will be easy to resell in a few years. Work at home most of the time, so around 20 miles from Dallas area would be ok.

Answers

8
Dixon Wong’s answer
Hi Julia,

Try living by area with Lake. With the openness and lake breeze - that might help a little bit!

There is Lewsville or Rockwall area.

You can check out my website at http://www.findyourtexashome.com

Dixon
JP and Associate
dixondfw@gmail.com
Hi Julia,
My husband and I were relocated to Dallas 12 years ago and love it. Lots to do - restaurants, shopping, etc. There are some lakes in the vicinity and nice homes around some of them. The closer in to Dallas you are, the older the homes are and there are big trees, but they can get very pricey. You will find the newer homes in the suburbs but often they don't have the mature trees yet.. There are several areas where the builders have tried to save some of the trees on the lots--if you want 3/4 acre or more you're looking at $500,000 and above. You also want to take into consideration the schools for resale even if you don't have school-age children.
I'd be happy to set up some custom searches for you in areas that meet your criteria. Feel free to call or email me so we can discuss. If you plan a visit soon, we can go to lunch and I'll give you a tour of some great areas to consider. Hope to hear from you soon!
Susan
Your Home Is Where My Heart Is!
http://www.susanhansonhomes.com
972-489-0228
Anchorage Alaska is about the closest in Mid Summer. What you may want to check is a newer home built Energy Efficient with the correct windows and Appliances and find a home with a pool andlots of shade. There are ways of trying to keep cool but rmember for those two summer months July and uagust it's hell but the Fall is wonderful all the way through November. Call me if I can help.
There probably are, won't be significant in my opinion, but maybe a few degrees helps.

Look at a weather map with average temps on it.

Just getting outside the metroplex might save you 2-3-4 F
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Julie- I hate to tell you but not really. I have lived in Dallas all my life and we haven't even hit the hottest part yet. August and September are really hot with triple digits. It's still hot in October but will start to cool down towards the end.

If you do pick a well established neighborhood with lot's of trees like Lakewood which is by the lake is a good choice but I really need to know your budget. There are master planned communities up North with water parks and even a home with a pool is always great!

I would love to work with you Julia so click on my picture or call me direct at 214-780-8558.

Lance Blakeway
Ultima Real Estate
No all the temps in the Dallas Fort Worth area is all the same. Summer from approx. June - Mid Sept can be hot remaining months could average 70 degrees - or +

Contact my office today where further investigage options for your move. I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Escaping the heat here can be challenging. However, the further out you go the temperature does seem a few degrees cooler. But I don't know if you will be able to distinguish between 100 and 95 degrees. As far as areas that would fit what you are looking for, there are some other factors that will come in to play. Proximity to work, schools and price point are just a few. I would be glad to discuss in more detail these items with you via email or phone.

Kevin McGovern
Texas is HOT HOT HOT. If heat is not what you want then you might pick another state.

SORRY.

Kenny