Are there any 1st time home buyer programs here in Missouri at this time for an FHA loan and is there any tax credits or not?

Asked by ashleyjeanette27, Independence, MO Wed Oct 3, 2012

Answers

4
Cammy Hinson, Agent, Olathe, KS
Thu Oct 4, 2012
There are no longer tax credits.. but yest there are first time home buyer programs.. it is called the Missouri Bond (i.e. MHDC).. it is a .5% down program, the other 3% is a 2nd mortgage, forgivable by the State of MO after 5 years.. I just baught a house through this program myself and closed 3 weeks ago.. feel free to give me a call and I can help get you to a Lender for qualifications and we can start looking at homes. :)

Cammy
913-279-1673
Kimberly Abbs…, , Independence, MO
Thu Oct 4, 2012
FHA loans are available, are you working with a lender? Would be happy to send you info for the process of receiving a pre approval. Loan programs are based on your credit score and the loan to value. Loan officer can explain the many financing options.

Are you interested in receiving more info?

Kimberly Abbs Riley
Platinum Realty
Susan Wiemann, Agent, Independence, MO
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Hi Ashley,
There is Missouri grant money (MHDC) available for first time home buyers and you can have an FHA loan! There aren't any tax credits & the Independence grant money is no longer available at this time.
I live in Independence and would be happy to help you find a home. I have several great lenders that I work with and can send their contact information to you.
You are very wise to be buying now, in this market, please let me know if you have any other questions.
Im in New Haven Mo
Flag Wed Oct 16, 2013
How do we get more ibnfo?
Flag Wed Oct 16, 2013
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Wed Oct 3, 2012
The Missouri Housing Development Corporation (MHDC) has monies available for use by first time homebuyers who meet their criteria. http://www.mhdc.com/

There is often money available through the local municipal government. I can't tell you who in the Independence area manages it though. In the St Louis area, it's controlled by St Louis County and is managed by Beyond Housing, Better Family Life and NECAC. On all the programs, you typically cannot have owned a home for the past 3 years (there are some exceptions if you are in a divorce situation) and you have to meet certain income guidelines.

Check with your local Realtor and Mortgage lender for more information
Do you know of any free First Time Home buyer programs
Flag Tue Nov 15, 2016