Are there any specific neighborhoods in Centennial that young couples are moving to? We currently live in wash park and with two small children we

Asked by Michael Wehrer, Outside U.S. Mon Jun 7, 2010

moving from wash park to centennial

Answers

10
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Hi Michael -- this is an older post, so you may already be settled. There is a wonderful neighborhood in Littleton (about five minutes from Centennial) called SouthPark that has it all! Wilder Elementary is a nationally ranked school, the community is gorgeous (lots of Denver couples move here because of the huge trees and beautiful landscaping). You can also walk to Light Rail, the Highline Canal, shopping and more.

If I can answer any questions about SouthPark, please let me know. I've lived and worked in this neighborhood for the past 14 years and wouldn't live anywhere else. Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., 303-906-3150, http://www.littletonhomesrealty.com
, ,
Sun Jul 4, 2010
I have moved a number of families over the years into Homestead in the Willows from Washington Park, Bonnie Brae and Hilltop/Crestmoor. It is a very affordable solution to remodeling on a small site. Sell in the city and buy in the burbs using a fixed rate 15 year mortgage and say good bye to your lender sooner!
Web Reference:  http://www.tomcryer.com
Jennifer Gir…, Agent, Englewood, CO
Tue Jun 8, 2010
Hi Michael,
There are a lot of great neighborhoods in Centennial. Not sure what your price range is. If you're looking in the $300-$600K you have Palos Verdes, Homestead in the Willows, Willow Creek, Heritage Greens, Hunters Hill, Homestead Farm 2, Homestead Farm, Heritage Village, Cherry Knolls, The Knolls, and a few others. Those are all within about a 3 mile radius of eachother. Each neighborhood is unique. Some have pool/tennis, some in Cherry Creek Schools others in Littleton. I'm happy to explain some of the neighborhoods to you and find out what is important to your family. Are you moving for the schools, do you want more house for the money, do you want to be near trails, within walking distance to restaraunts, etc? I've had quite a few buyers move to the "burbs" from Wash Park, Platte Park, Bonnie Brae.

Good luck Michael. My contact information is below if you'd like to chat.

Jen Girard
jgirard@rmprohomes.com
http://www.jgirard.remax.com
720-219-7752
You can also find me on LinkedIn
Web Reference:  http://www.jgirard.remax.com
Karen Beville, Agent, Centennial, CO
Mon Jun 7, 2010
I see that Piney Creek already has had several recommendations, but I would love to add my vote to theirs! I live and sell homes in Piney Creek and find that this neighborhood is especially popular with young couples making their first move to the "burbs." The mature landscaping and fully brick-wrapped homes combined with lots of cul-de-sacs and three great Cherry Creek Schools all within easy walking distance make this a great family neighborhood. The programs and lessons for kids at both the pool and the 8 tennis courts are wonderful. And it so close to the new Trails Rec Center for even more activities for both kids and their parents. I have a brochure highlighting all that Piney Creek offers to young families -- I would love to email it to you. Please call me -- I would love to help you find your next home!
Grant Van Der…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Mon Jun 7, 2010
Smoky Hill is great if you don't like HOAs. Piney Creek is a little more restrictive. I like the Highlands and Piney Creek because they are just right. The hoa is not overbearing, nor are the fees. There is a nice pool (but no tennis, Bummer!). The schools are great. The bottom line is that Cherry Creek Schools are worth moving for. I will happily create a search for you in the cherry creek school district for free.
Bill Donovan, Agent, Centennial, CO
Mon Jun 7, 2010
Yes there are alot of homes selling to younger couples taking advantage of either Littleton or Cherry Creek Schools. In fact in the last 4 months I've had 3 of my listings sell to couples just like you; 2 in Arapahoe Highlands, 1 in Cherry Knolls. They are all in the Littleton School districk, which for my money is where you want your kids to be. We moved my daughter and our 2 grand kids into the area of Powell Middle School and Arapahoe High School just for those 2 schools specifically.

Call me; I can help you. I've been selling in what is now Centennial for 30 years. 720-254-5240
Good Luck
Bill Fung, Agent, Centennial, CO
Mon Jun 7, 2010
Michael,

If you plan to live in your new area for at least the next five years, and your children are starting 1st grade or above within the next 2 to 5 years: Zip code 80015 and 80016 covers many newer subdivisions that are family, kid friendly and easy access to many major shopping areas. Also IKea will be within 5 to 7 miles of this zip code when it opens in fall of 2011.

This zip code covers the following neighborhoods, though not an exhaustive list: Piney Creek East (Tuscany), Piney Creek, Greenfield, The Farm At Arapahoe County, Siena, Saddle Rock, Town of FoxField, Orchard Valley and more. This area is bordered by South of Quincy Ave, East of Parker Road, Arapahoe Rd east of Parker Road to about just east of where Southlands Mall sits. If you want demographic info, I can send you links. Hope this helps you. Have a wonderful day.
Elzbieta (El…, Agent, Denver, CO
Mon Jun 7, 2010
I like Piney Creek. Kids friendly, easy access to schools.
Kimberly Ryan, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Mon Jun 7, 2010
Michael-
My 2 favorites would be southern Hills or Ken Caryl. Slavens is a great school and city clsoe. KC has great schools and a great outdoor lifestyle
Call me
Kimberly Ryan
303-523-8333
Elite Proper…, , Parker, CO
Mon Jun 7, 2010
Lots! Give me a call or shoot me an email and I can get you plenty of info! I even have bank owned properties in that area that may interest you, but I need an email address I can send you specific listings to. Good luck in your search!

Julie Montemarano
ElitePropertyShop@gmail.com
303-888-3189