Are there any programs available to help with closing costs? Or does the seller pay them?

Asked by Cactus, 32905 Sun Apr 3, 2011

Answers

7
Steve Vitani, Agent, North Bay, NY
Sun Apr 3, 2011
Hi, as a matter of fact, I am very familiar with the Florida State Bond that offers up to $7500 towards down payment and closing costs. Visit my website below, register and I will send you the most current information regarding these programs.
Sheryl Thoms…, Agent, Vero Beach, FL
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Hi!
You may want to consider a new home from Stanley Homes, Inc. We pay $4,000 towards the buyers closing costs when you use one of our preferred lenders and we can build an affordable new home for you!
Your new home consultant,
Sheryl Thomson
Stanley Homes, Inc.
321-360-8051
sheryl@stanleyhomesinc.com
Joan Willis, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Typically the buyer pays their own closing costs, but you can request that the seller pay yours as well as their own. That is something your realtor will negotiate. There are bond money programs availoable for assistance through the state, county and city. You may have to take a course so I would contact the County Housing Authority as well as the city in which you are planning to purchase and inquire as to what bond money is available through them and their limits and requirements. I will be happy to assist you, feel free to contact me anytime.

Joan Willis
Broker'Brevards est Rrealty Inc.l
321-960-3577
brevardsbestrealty@yahoo.com
Connie Trinc…, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sun Apr 3, 2011
As a buyer you can always ask the seller to pay closing costs. This is also an option if you are purchasing a foreclosure or a short sale. However, when you are purchasing a condo it is a different situation. Typically they require a higher down payment or you may find that some banks are unable to finance. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me!
Patricia Teachman
Re/max Elite
(321)474-1311
William True, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun Apr 3, 2011
Closings costs, like just about everything else, are negotiable.
Web Reference:  http://truesarasota.com
Connie Trinc…, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sun Apr 3, 2011
Dear Prospective Home Buyer,

In a typical real estate transaction both parties, buyer and seller, each have certain closing costs. However, in many cases, the seller may be willing to pay most of your expenses if requested in the offer. An experienced buyer's agent can help negotiate a favorable contract on your behalf. We understand that many purchasers have enough difficulty just coming up with their down payment!

My website has quite a bit of good information for homebuyers, including a link to search all the active Brevard County listings. Please feel free to call or email with any additional questions or concerns you may have.

Bruce Kwitny
RE/MAX Elite
321-508-7209
bruce@brucekwitny.com
http://www.realestateinfo247.com
Sharon Mitch…, Agent, Indian Harbor Beach, FL
Sun Apr 3, 2011
Yes, there are a couple of excellent programs out there. The most commonly used is the state bond program. This gives you between 5,000.00 and 7,500.00 in bond program assistance money to use towards down payments. Also, we could always ask for between 3 and 6% in closing cost assistance on top of the bond money from the seller. Sellers now a days are typically giving 3% of the total purchase price.
I would be more than happy to help put you in touch with a few reputable lenders out there that you could interview for the best rates available.
Sharon Mitchell
Waterman Real Estate
321 297 3869
melbourneflagent@gmail.com