Are there any program that assist with closing cost for mint hill area. Like House Charlotte program

Asked by Amy Gossett, 28212 Tue Mar 8, 2011

Answers

15
Jan Teel, Agent, Matthews, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Amy,

I see that you are interested in the Mint Hill area. As stated by some of the other Realtors who have responded, most sellers in this market are willing to pay all of your closing costs with an acceptable offer. If you are willing to move just slightly outside of the Mint Hill area onto the Union County side of the line, there are USDA qualified areas that would allow you to borrow 100% of the purchase price (and there is no PMI - private mortgage insurance - which saves you thousands of dollars over the life of the loan), plus 2% to go toward your closing costs or other expenses. USDA also allows you to borrow a little extra for things like updating carpet or replacing appliances (with certain restrictions). I still have a couple of other 100% lenders with no PMI for first time home buyers.

I would love to meet with you and discuss your home buying needs and help you to find the property and terms that are right for you. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions or to get a free First Time Homebuyers Step by Step Guide I have written to assist you in understanding some of your options.

Blessings upon you...
Jan Teel
TEEL Realty
704-641-0267 (cell)
Nathan Wolf, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Mar 31, 2011
There are programs for Down Payment AND Closing Costs AND YEARLY TAX CREDITS available. Call me if you would like to find out more. 704-858-2345

You could qualify for up to $8000 Down Payment Assistance. Plus $2000 PER YEAR tax credit. Plus Closing Costs. PLUS there is even a matching funds grant of $7500 available.
Web Reference:  http://www.clthome.com
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Mar 10, 2011
Hi, Amy:
You should be able to buy for $1,000 down or less IF you are income qualified and don't own other real estate as a primary residence. NCHFA, NACA, House Charlotte are all options in Mint Hill. USDA is an option in some areas. VA is also an option for some civilians in certain situations. Financing is just one piece of the purchase decision.

If you are not working with a full time real estate professional who sells 30+ home a year and focuses on purchasing high value homes selling at below market rate, I encourage you to find one who does :)
Mundy Bringu…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 9, 2011
Dja, yes you are right there is no income limit but the are restrictions you must uphold. Its been my experience that most people who take advantage of this program are people who needs help purchasing a home, they need help improving their credit to bring up their credit score, most don't have no money for the downpayment or closing cost and NACA helps with all that.

For more information on ELIGIBILITY FOR THE NACA PROGRAM, click on the link below.
Dja, Home Buyer, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 9, 2011
NACA doesn't deal with income restrictions. I know Attorneys and Doctors that has went thru this program with excellent credit scores like mine.
Mundy Bringu…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 9, 2011
You can first check with your bank(s) usually they have some type of first time home buyer programs. The other types the other Realtors have mentioned House Charlotte, NACA are organizations that usually cater the people with lower incomes but they are great organizations that help people, they get them ready to purchase a home and will help pay closing cost. USDA is another loan type they do 100%, but, in order to be eligible: household income must meet certain guidelines. Also, the home to be purchased must be located in an eligible rural area as defined by USDA.
As another Realtor mentioned there other ways, you can negotiate with the seller to pay part or all of your closing cost, all depends on the offer. If can answer any other questions, please feel free to contact me anytime, Good Day!
Dja, Home Buyer, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 9, 2011
There is a program called NACA, that allows you to live anywhere you want to. I purchased a brand new 2454 square feet double car garage, with many upgrades for $180,000, the builder gave me $32,000 closing cost to buy down my interest rate on a 30yr fixed rate mortgage. My payments for principle, escrow account, everything, is $786 because my interest rate is 0 .125. This program really works. All we had to put down was the earnest money of $500 for our house. others I know have had to put down maybe $1800 - $2000. you can sign up to go to a seminar on their site http://www.naca.com. It took us 7 months to get ready but it was well worth it.
Mike Brooks, Agent, Belmont, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Amy there are several ways to get closing costs paid. I would be happy to discuss. 704-661-0016
Mike Brooks
Lisa Schoenb…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Good advice from other Realtors. Charlotte Regional Realtors also has a site the offer as a resource to the community: www.
carolinahomeprograms.com. This is a comprehensive list of available programs. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance! Best of luck with your home search....

Lisa Schoenberger, EBA, ABR, Realtor
Carolina Buyers Agent
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Amy,

Unfortunately House charlotte program does not extend to Mint Hill. You can fins areas borderign Mint hill that are elgible for Hosue charlotte funds. If you want to go a little farther out than mint hill you cna consider USDA loans which will do 100% financing. other than that the only other program I know eligible is NACA. it is a governemtn bond program. i have helped cleints with all three optiosn above get into homes.
if I can be of assistance to you please let me know
Web Reference:  http://www.davedicecco.com
Stephan Sail…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Hi Amy,

Yes there is a program that can help you with your down payment and closing costs. The program I am referring to is the NC Bond (also called NCHFA) program that could give you up to $8000 in assistance (depending on your gross yearly income). Please check out my website for more information about the NC Bond program ( http://www.nc-homeownership.com/NCHFA.html ). I do a lot of those programs for home buyers and would be happy to see what I can do to help you. You can reach me at (704) 322-3710 or by email at stephan@nc-homeownership.com.

Stephan Saillant
Realtor | Buyer's Agent
Robin Faison, Agent, Huntersville, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Amy,

The USDA loan, which is a loan for rural areas, might be offerred in Mint Hill. Check with a bank or mortgage lender. You could get a co-signer for your loan. If you are a military veteran, then you may qualify for a VA loan with no down payment needed. You could negotiate for the seller to pay the closing costs. You could buy with a lease purchase or lease option - sometimes known as rent to own. Wishing you success. Call Stacey Pierce at 704-634-6512 (New American Mortgage) or Martha Cook (Wells Fargo Home Mortgage) at 704-507-7261 for information on loans.
Jenny Linich, Agent, Fort Mill, SC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
USDA is a possibility and can reduce the total cash required because they will loan up to 102% of the purchase price. Feel free to contact me at (803) 372-8033 or Jenny.Linich@hotmail.com for more info
Mike Huffman, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Yes there are. The house charlotte program is available in several neighborhoods. I'd be happy to show you some nieghborhoods in Mint Hill that qualify for this program.

Mike Huffman
7049566463
Kandace Stone, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Hi Amy,

Most agents are able to negotiate Closing Cost being paid by the seller in the transaction. Although there are programs that assist with Closing Cost payments etc. such as "House Charlotte" ( I do not think there are any house charlotte neighborhoods in mint hill but you can check the website to be 100 percent certain). There are also programs available through NC BOND and a few others that will assist with down payment and closing cost assistance. You must qualify for these programs seperately from the loan.

For more information on each of the available programs, feel free to contact me at kandace@kansellshomes.com