Are there any new SFO community in Pleasanton?

Asked by Mugen, Bay Street Viaduct Area, Savannah, GA Fri Jun 27, 2008

I found one community called Ponderosa but starting at Mid 90s for 2162 sq.ft. Any other new SFO community in Pleasanton for better pricing? Are Pleasanton more expensive than San Ramon? What about school rating compare to San Ramon?

Answers

2
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Jul 13, 2008
Schools in San Ramon, I feel, are much better than Pleasanton. In fact, if you click on the lonk below and click on schools...you can research schools in both cities. (P'ton is in Alameda County and San Ramon is in Contra Costa County.) Not a lot of new communities in Pleasanton....but great deals in San Ramon! It's a great time to buy!
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com
Barbara Wils…, Agent, Danville, CA
Fri Jun 27, 2008
Do you mean SFR (single family residences?) I don't know what an sfo community is, but in general, I have found that Pleasanton is mostly allowing high-end builders to build, (over $1mil and of late, mostly over $1.5mil). So, yes, Pleasanton is more expensive than San Ramon. You don't need me to tell you that, though. Go to the search page, put in both San Ramon and Pleasanton, and your price range, and see what your options are. I think that Pleasanton is mostly older homes. But beware of Windemere, where the taxes are about 40% to 50% higher than surrounding communities, because that takes a huge bite out of your monthly out-go, and you must consider that when looking at the price of a home there. To check school ratings, go to greatschools.net, and you can compare schools across district lines - compare San Ramon Valley Unified School District with Pleasanton or Dublin. Good Luck!