Are there any legitimate lenders for homes and/or cabins on Weston Mountain? I've found several who will

Asked by Mountain Man, 97886 Sun Aug 23, 2009

take my application and/or appraisal fees and then wait a week before closing to disclose that the property does not meet vague lender requirements. Upon closer scrutiny (and multiple failed attempts) I discovered that none of he properties listed for sale can be financed by a bank because they are not located on publicly maintained roads. I did find one local bank who claims they are willing to finance on the mountain but will only consider an ARM loan that must be re-financed every five years. Buyers Beware!!

Unless you can pay 100% cash or find a seller who will finance their house don't waste your time and money trying to buy anything on the mountain.

Answers

1
Brandy Sutton, Agent, Evans, GA
Thu Feb 25, 2010
I am not sure which lenders you have spoken to but I am sure that there is some kind of financing out there for those. Of course it would all depend on several factors. Every loan has contingencies and minimum requirements for the home itself as that is the collateral. Have you found the home that you are interested in? I would be more than happy to try to point you in a few directions that may work for you. If you would like to email me directly at brandyclarkrealty@gmail.com I would be happy to help!