Are there any land contract homes available in muskegon mi?

Asked by Julie, Muskegon, MI Tue Sep 9, 2008

my husband and I are looking to buy a home. We have a foreclosure due to my husband's place of employment going out of business. With 1400 dollar mortgage payments we were unable to make the payments. Does anyone have any suggestions if and how we would be able to purchase another home?

Answers

10
Diamonique L.…, Home Buyer, Muskegon, MI
Sat Nov 24, 2012
My family and I are looking to buy a home using a land contract. Is there any agencies that specialize in these or are there listing option that shows these? I'm looking to move in the Muskegon, MI area.
Cvs2415, , Fruitport, MI
Tue Sep 22, 2009
i WAS JUST WOUNDERING IF THERE ARE ANY HOMES IN MUSKEGON COUNTY FOR SALE ON LAND CONTRACT WITH ZERO DOWN
Teresa, Home Seller, Grand Rapids, MI
Sat Sep 19, 2009
We own 2 Muskegon homes for sale, would
sell on land contract, 45,000 each. 768 Hill street
and 784 Amity St off Getty near apple. Call Lewie 616
240-7725. They are listed on http://www.grar.com through our realtor
Kimsen1431, Both Buyer And Seller, Muskegon, MI
Mon Apr 27, 2009
Hello Julie,
I have several Land Contracts to choose from, give me a call at 231.747.9807 and maybe we can work something out.

Kim
Ken Ferrier, , 49442
Fri Feb 13, 2009
Depending on what areas you are looking in and your down payment. There are many available in the city limits. A few in the outer area, but most of them require a 10% down payment. You can have a Realtor set you up in their data base with only land contracts being e-mailed to you. Let me know if you need help. thanks, Ken Ferrier
Web Reference:  http://www.kenferrier.com
Richard, Home Seller, Bush, LA
Mon Feb 9, 2009
We will have a house in Glenside (Sherman & Glenside area) available soon for land contract. New windows,siding, doors, bathtub, and more. Fenced wooded backyard. Neighbors on only one side. 2 bedrooms upstairs, an egress window in the basement would give you a third. Single garage. $2000 down + first payment (700-ish/month). 2 year land contract, possible rent. Call 231-750-4705.
Shannon, Home Buyer, Big Rapids, MI
Thu Oct 16, 2008
I am looking for a 4- 5 bedroom home with land contract terms in the Big Rapids, Newaygo, Morley, White cloud area.
Can anyone help? we have a large down payment.
Juli, , Muskegon, MI
Sun Oct 12, 2008
Hi Julie, Good luck we went through a similar situation 18 months ago and started to buy our home on land contract the owner has defaulted in his loan and now we do not know what will happen to us!
Juli
smith3gary, Agent, White Lake, MI
Tue Sep 9, 2008
Julie,

Another option to investigate would be lease with option to purchase. Both this and land contract have their positives and negatives. Usually, they will both require a credit check and you could end up loosing the home if the owner stops paying the bank for a lease or taxes for LC. Be very careful with both, possibly including making your payments to the owner and the lender.

For additional assistance, I suggest using the resources available from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) which includes links to purchase and rental help in Michigan and Housing Counseling Services (for a fee)
http://www.hud.gov/local/index.cfm?state=mi
LYNN Afton, Agent, Big Rapids, MI
Tue Sep 9, 2008
Hi Julie-
The biggest hurdle for land contract buyers is usually the down payment. As the seller is acting as the lender in a land contract, most require at least 10-15% down payment. The lowest that I have seen lately is 7%. You may also be able to do a lease with an option to buy.

There are some land contract homes available in the Muskegon area, but not many. One of the main reasons that few people offer land contracts is that they have an existing mortgage on the home and their mtg contract requires that it be paid in full if the home is sold. Also, most people are buying another home and need their equity out of the home to buy another.

Please give me a call or email me and I can email some land contract home listings to you once I know what type of home you are seeking. Thanks for the question! -Lynn Afton email: lafton@greenridge.com