Are there any good property managers in Grand Junction? I see quite a few listed online, however, they all seem to have poor reviews from clients.

Asked by dblanchard312, Grand Junction, CO Sun Dec 9, 2012

Answers

4
Dot Real Est…, , Grand Junction, CO
Mon Dec 10, 2012
As a Realtor, I have had great satisfaction with Jane Clevenger at Landmark Real Estate. She has ethics, knows her business and works well with my customers. I highly recommend her.
David Bochma…, Agent, Fruita, CO
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Bray is an option. However I can tell you from experience that you can kiss your deposit good by no matter what you do. My wife and I rented from them. Massive sewer problems the day we moved in. The entire upstairs bathroom dropped sewage into the basement every time we used anything in the bath. Took them 2 weeks to send someone out. They cut holes in the walls to repair pipes. A year later when we moved out the holes where still in the walls.
We hired Mary Maids to come in and clean. We hired a contracter to come in and repair scratches in the hardwood floors that our 2 yr old put there.
Bray walked us thru our move out. Told us everything was fine. Then they refuse to return our deposit and filed with small claims to try and make us pay for repairs.
They lost big time. But it is how they work. Many, Many complaints from people over the years.
Renter be where.
Michael Urla…, Agent, Del Mar, CA
Mon Dec 10, 2012
I have had great experience as both a tenant and a current owner with Bray Property Management. I would recommend contacting Emilie Quist at 970-242-8450 with any of your questions.
David Bochma…, Agent, Fruita, CO
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Property Managers work for the Property Owner. Many times the tenants believe that the agent should work for them. Like so much of our world today Tenants seam to believe that the world owes them something. They don't pay rent, they are late with rent. They damage property, fight with neighbors, many other problems. But they do not believe that they should have to follow the rules. Or pay what they agreed to. When they get evicted its always the Management's fault.
That being said, not all management companies are the same. Many will try to cheat you or refuse to do repair work.
One of the really good ways is look at the property. What condition is it in? Did they show it to your dirty? Are they willing to let you do work on the property? Are they hard to reach by phone? ARe there office hours very limited? These can all be indicators that you need to move on to a more reputable company.
Ask around. People in the community usually know. You want a manger that is both touch and fair.