Aznen4cer, Home Buyer in 95758

Are there any experienced Agents in the Sacramento Area that are good at negotiations??

Asked by Aznen4cer, 95758 Mon Mar 28, 2011

I'm looking to buy a new house in Sacramento, and I've been eye-ing the K-B homes in Sandalwood, specifically the 2,300 sq ft model. I know the price is already low but my I want to live comfortably with a mediocre monthly payment. I was wondering how much I could really negotiate here, either by price or upgrades. Keep in mind that price is just the base model and to make upgrades to have it up to par with "standard homes" its gonna be at least $255k.

Are there any agents that have been successful with negotiating with KB homes that want to represent me? I think I can comfortably afford $225-230K.

experienced Agents in the Sacramento Area that are good at negotiations?

Well of course.. We are like the children of Lake Woebegone, Wisconsin that are ALL above average. (Prarie Home Companion reference);; We are ALL good at negotiations!
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
I would suggest to find out whether they have standing inventory. Or better yet, cancellations by buyers.
You can also check the MLS and see whether they have any move in ready homes listed there. Builders are motivated to give discounts for homes that are already built rather than the ones that they have not started upon.

I think realistically though, there is a limit as to how much you can negotiate for new homes. Simply because unless they are desperate, they will not sell at a loss.

The cost of building in the sacramento area ranges from $100-150 per sqft. So to get the house that you like 2300 sqft @$230k or $100 per sqft for new construction would probably be a bit hard to achieve.

Perhaps you will have better luck with short sales or reos.

It is in your best interest to interview several realtors in the area to find the one that will work hard in your best interest. Good luck
Agents in the Sacramento Area that are good at negotiations??
Their are several, but you need to to interview 2 or more for 1 that you feel will represent YOU!
Compare credentials, experience in your market area, personalty's that fit you, etc!