Are there any communities in the New Tampa area with out an HOA community?

Asked by Cheerbaby112, 33647 Wed Jul 28, 2010

I really really hate following rules when its MY house.

Answers

6
John OKeeeffe, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Jan 20, 2011
I have helped some of clients to buy in New Tampa. I have not found a location without HOA fees. I did find two subdivision with no CDD fees. They are Pebble Creek and Cross Creek. They have some homes selling for around $80 per sq.ft.
The CDD term means Community Development District. The CDD was set up to pay for the infrastructure of the roads and utilities, etc. Most CDD fees in New Tampa are in excess of $1500 per year.

If you need a buyer agent, I can assist you. Send me an email or call.

John O'Keeffe
People's Choice Realty Services
FLguidance@gmail.com
813-477-6298
Phyllis Cros…, , Tampa, FL
Sun Jan 16, 2011
What does your Buyers' agent say? Have you asked him/her to reseach communities without HOA. There may be some older communities off the beaten path. Most of the communities I know are master planned communities, which can even have their own school and shopping centers. If you go a little further north to Wesey Chapel, you MAY find some smaller communities with no HOA. Ask your BUYERS AGENT AND HE/SHE WILL RESEARCH THAT FOR YOU!

By the way, for 0 down loans don't forget USDA (US Dept, of agriculture)- available areas in and around the West chapel (Northern boundry) - your Realtor should have the boundry maps...for your review.

Good Luck, and if you don't have a Buyers' Agent, feel free to email or call me.

PHYLLIS CROSBY, REALTOR/GRI
Tampa Bay, Florida

phylliscrosby@tampabay.rr.com
(813)886-2356

30 years in the business!
Cheerbaby112, Home Buyer, 33647
Mon Aug 2, 2010
Ahh yes I see why it would be good with no HOA but i have 4 children so I would like cars parked on my property as we have birthday parties alot.
hunters green has no CDD. have some great deals in there now.
Flag Fri Dec 6, 2013
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Aug 2, 2010
In New Tampa you also have to be concerned with extra Community Development District Taxes that you will pay on top of the HOA fees. with HOA and CDD it can easily add up to an extra $2k per year. Some of the original Tampa Palms homes have the bonding portion of the CDD fully paid so the CDD is considerably less money.

As Spirit suggest below.... you can't forget about the certain advantages of living in an HOA community--especially if you're buying under about $350k. South Tampa neighborhoods are not too bad because most of the homes are at least $350k so the price of admission usually affords some security with the maintenance of the exteriors. If you're looking under $200k, may be best to put up with an HOA.
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Aug 2, 2010
Getting harder and harder to find them. I will say this, it is easy to bash a HOA that is run like a prison camp. i understand why clients hate them. However, an effective HOA is actually to your benefit, as hard as that is to believe . The same rules you hate, also protect what may be (arguably) your biggest investment. For example, with no HOA you will not have the rules to live by, however neither will your neighbors. Maybe your next door neighbor will want to take 7-8 cars, put them up on blocks and scatter them around the yard. Yeah, HOA would prevent that from happening. Maybe look to compromise, speak with some owners in a community where you like a house that has a HOA, I have found they are not all run the same.

Best of luck.
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Aug 2, 2010
It's nearly impossible in the New Tampa area. You can find nice areas of Lutz and Odessa that have homes that are not encumbered with HOA rules and expenses, though.

If you want to search like a Realtor with more details than most websites, you can sign up on my website, please click on the link below.
Web Reference:  http://kee.listingbook.com/
HOAs are a night mare- they now fine people - they100 for parking on a city street past 11pm- t end of street- dead end - no traffic -HOA r corrup sthe constake your home- read up on ts take peoples hmy gardens are always a F*** problem- roses- and they made me remove a 3 foot water fountain i put in front of the rose garden- why does everyone in fl hate plants- and love fake man made grass that needs no-stop watering and mowing, blowing, noise and edging- it is gross- and a total waste - people need to wake up- I am so tired of fl- tampa bay area- home are all mold and the county does not inspect anything or help a homeowner nor do HOAs- not sure where u are living- but fl -dropped in 2007(I believe due to drywall toxic)- that is still causing foreclosures -Home will never survive -HOAs are put in place by builders-they make sure communities do not know whats going on! ook at fl high turn over well most communities built have 99%turnover-sold2-3times-250k -350k-Neighthood/protection??
Flag Mon Apr 11, 2016