Home Buying in Cary>Question Details

Pat Green, Other/Just Looking in Queens Village, NY

Are there any 55 communities in the Cary, N.C. area. I am looking for that community and the home that I am

Asked by Pat Green, Queens Village, NY Tue Apr 8, 2008

looking for is a 3/2 with the master bedroom on the first floor, also with a garage. My prices range is around (160K). I would like to know what 55 communities presently exist and which ones are up and coming. What suggestions can you offer? Thank you.

For a more complete listings of other Active 55 comunities in the Triangle you can go to the link below that has links to the actual communities and descriptions of them. There are a couple that meet your requirements in Clayton.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
There are two active 55+ communities located in Cary, North Carolina. The first is called Heritage Pines and is located right around the corner from my office and the 2nd is Carolina Preserve at Amberly.

I've had several listings this year that have sold. They have two options in the community: 1) Villas w/2 car garages and 2)Single Family Homes. I sold an end-unit villa in the Spring '08 for $280k. This was a resale w/approximately 2000 square feet. The interior villas are smaller and sell in the low $200s but nothing close to $160k. 2) Single Family Homes. All ranch plans on one level. The single family homes in Heritage Pines are primarily resales(although there are 2-3 new ones in the back of the neighborhood that are still for sale). They range from $290k - $350k. There are plenty of activities and amenities to satisfy any senior.

The 2nd community, est 2006, is Carolina Preserve which is a Del Webb community. This neighborhood is the fastest selling adult community in the country right now. They have four collections: Villas, Cardinals, Dogwoods, and the Emerald Collections. All ranch plans on one level. There are a handful of single family resales that start at $230k. The Villas are priced at ~ $220k. Delivery for the Villas - not until next summer because the demand has been so high. The amenities center, Bradford Hall, is absolutely amazing w/all of the bells and whistles. Indoor/outdoor pools, arts & crafts room, bocci ball, putting green, clay court tennis courts - you name it. HOA fees are reasonable at $197/month.

I hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
There are a number of communities in the Cary area that are 55 plus however your price point isn't going to work at all in any of them. Prices for what you're describing start around $250,000. You're going to have to go further out to begin to find anything under $200,000. I've sold in a number of local 55+ communities over several years and haven't ever seen a price point to match what you're are looking for.
Carolina Arbors is a new 55 Plus community. I think you will enjoy looking at it, there are 10 plus decorated models for you to see (so bring your comfortable shoes to walk around in) Their address is 3055 Del Webb Arbors Drive Durham, NC 27703 Location is great too, easy commute to the airport, into Raleigh and Cary. To set up your own search for homes http://x347911.yourkwagent.com/

There's Regency at Brier Creek,Fearrington Village, Carolina Preserve,The Village at Aversboro in Garner. In Chapel Hill The Villas at Culp Arbor ,Chapelwood. Hope that helps anyone else also looking for a 55 Plus community.
Hi Pat - Hertiage Pines and The Carolina Preserve are both active adult communities in Cary. I have completed 10+ transactions in these communites, and have developed many friends in each as a result. They are both very welcoming to newcomers! To view what is currently on the MLS in each neighborhood, click the link below.
Hi Pat,

There are several 55 + active adult communities in and around Cary. I’ll be honest …the problem will be your price range. Now to find a master down in a regular community will not be as hard.
I have a specialty in helping seniors and people with disabilities find the right housing for them. It is very frustrating to me that these ‘active adult communities” do not use more “universal design” principles when designing the homes they are marketing to seniors. If anything where to happen to challenge your mobility, many of these homes will not work for people. I’m talking about stepless entries, curbless showers, level flooring and the like. I work with a builder who understands these issues and builds a smarter home that works for all people regardless of their abilities! And aesthetics are never compromised.

Please visit my website to see more about what I am talking about.
You can check out Active Adult Communities around the Triangle by going to http://www.Raleigh55PlusCommunities.com

Here's the link. I promise you, looking at these and the area its in, you'll be impressed
Stonecreek is amazing! It's pricey and over by the preston area. It's probably the nicest as well as safest area to live in cary, nc. It's right by shops and stuff. and the townhouses are amazing looking!
I am an agent in the cary area, and I actually specialize in the 55+ communities and have a whole list of new as well as re-sale homes that would meet your criteria. Please e-mail me and I would be happy to provide you with the website information! Hope to hear from you soon!
Web Reference: http://www.EvansL@hpw.com
I am returning to the Cary, NC area to be near my children, family & some friends. This time I will be newly divorced after 30yrs. Looking forward to starting my new life. Looking for a 3bd at least 2 bath, handycapped friendly bath rooms with good sized rooms & outdoor area. New or updated. Buy or rent to start. Karen 703-725-3445. SighFiKaren@yahoo.com
Flag Tue Sep 8, 2015
Hi Pat,

Heritage Pines is an existing community in Cary but the range is in the high 200-380K.

Here is the link:

There is a new community in Cary that will be built in 2009-2010.
Searstone starts in the 300s

Here are some alternatives in neighboring cities:
The Ivy Hall located in Raleigh, NC it's priced around the 200s
Village at Aversboro in Garner, NC is priced around the 250s
Johnson's Landing is in Angier, NC and is around the 200s

I hope this helps.

Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com

Del Webb at Carolina Preserve is a 55+ Active Adult community in Cary. It is a great community and people love that place. The phase I and II were sold out before even breaking the ground. People are waiting for phase III now. I have several clients who purchased homes there. They are all ranch styles, not steps! The sizes of the homes are between 1300 sqft - 3200 sqft and the price range is between $200,000 to up $400,000. The smallest and latest model is duplex Villa which has a great floor plan. It has been sold pretty well. They all have at least 2 bedrooms with study and 2 full baths.

I do have a couple of rentals that will be available in early May. Here is the website from our local craiglist. Please let me know if you would know more info about this community.

http://www.delwebb.com - search for Carolina Preserve.

There is a community like this in NE Raleigh. It is fairly new with one level and two car garages.

I would be happy to send you more information on this!
In Cary, NC most homes under $175K are townhomes. There are occassionally other homes for sale in that price point, but often these are 40-50 years old. You may also want to consider looking in some of the other areas surrounding Raleigh, such as Clayton, Holly Springs, and Fuquay-Varina.
Web Reference: http://www.StantonHomes.com
Dear Pat,
Thank you Larry for referring The Schaffer Realty Group. We specialize in helping people locate their ideal retirement, second home or vacation property. I left you a voice mail and replied to your email also. I look forward to hearing from you.

Marian Schaffer
The Scahffer Realty Group
There are some communities like that all over NC. In the Cary area I would suggest using a company I have dealt with in the past. They specialize in retirement homes and vacation homes and they do all the research for you and even if you like help you to plan trips to visit those areas. I have included the link to their website and Terry Mohler's email address.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad