Are there a special regulations/provisions for buying California real estate by Russians with no US residency?

Asked by Lg, USA, Mobile, AL Thu Jan 19, 2012

Answers

3
Ann Ryan’s answer
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Thu Jan 19, 2012
There are basically no limitations for any foreigner to buy residential real estate in the United States. (Note: there are limitations on the purchase of certain businesses, at least vaguely related to defense of the nation.)

As a Russian, your visas are likely to be very limited on how long you can remain in the United States. You need to make sure to adhere to the conditions of that visa and your I94. (Unless you have a status other than B1/B2 tourist/Business).

Foreigners with no residency regularly purchase real estate in Miami, both as second homes, and for investments.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
I believe it just takes the minimum of Identification:
I do know that the rules for monies if very strict; they need a detailed paper trail.
Welcome to California

Good luck and may God bless
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
I don't think so, Lg. I'm pretty sure there are no special rules for Russians.

Check out the US State Department website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/

The real issue is the sort of visa that you hold, and whether shopping for real estate is cause for revoking that visa. You can get that answer from any immigration attorney's office.