Are the storms bad in Portland Maine? Like if I get a house on the beach will it be safe?

Asked by Lynelle Skaggs, Weatherford, TX Mon Jun 30, 2014

Answers

3
Murphy Team, Agent, Portland, ME
Fri Jul 4, 2014
There are just a few areas where you may want to carefully research the weather history. A local Realtor should be able to point you in the right direction. Give us a call and we will arrange some tours and talk about some of those areas. 207 712 4796
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jun 30, 2014
When purchasing a home on the NEw England coastline you will need to research the flood maps, have a professional inspect the home and check the availibility of flood insurance. Winter storms are much more likely and more powerful than hurricanes. There have been homes that have stood on the beach for 100s of years and survived many a storm. Each house in individual, the location, what it is made of, is it sheltered and what are the chances of flooding. Your buyer agents can be a great hep who is experienced with listing and selling home son the coast,
Veronica Sch…, Agent, Portland, ME
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Hi there! Storms here aren't like the storms in Florida. But you would still want to research the flood maps in whichever area you are considering! I would be more than happy to help you find anew home on the water! Please feel free to contact me:

207-838-4034
veronica@greentreemaine.com