Are the sale of the homes contingent on passing a home inspection?

Asked by dntwnjbrown, Martinez, GA Mon Oct 21, 2013

Answers

3
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Tue Oct 22, 2013
You are afforded a period of time to complete whatever inspections you want. This due diligence period varies in length and if you want an inspection you can get one at your cost.

Beyond that, it all depends on how your agent wrote your contract.
Web Reference:  http://www.hmtatlanta.com
You are correct, Sir.
Flag Tue Oct 22, 2013
, ,
Tue Oct 22, 2013
It all depends on your contract. Some houses are only sold as is, but most purchase agreements have clauses written into them to allow you to get the home inspected within a reasonable time frame and back out of the deal if there is ANYTHING that does not meet your satisfaction. Check your purchase agreement and consult with your Realtor
Christine &…, Agent, Evans, GA
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Good Question!

On existing home GAAR contracts you select if the house is sold as is OR contingent on a "due diligence period" which does not only restrict you to a home inspection - you can actually withdraw from the contract for whatever reason (or no reason at all) within your due diligence "contingency" period. The time frame is negotiable - but typically 10-14 days.

On NEW construction GAAR contracts you have right to inspect the property (see page 3, Paragraph 8.A) But some builders use their own contracts, so you want to make sure that your interests are protected.

If you are not working with an agent, and you would like for us to assist you with your purchase, please call me (Christine May, Leading Edge Real Estate) 706-869-9478.
Christine, thank you for your response! My husband and I have a meeting with your husband on Wednesday. I will speak with him more on this issue to see if this may be something we are interested in.
Flag Mon Oct 21, 2013