Are service animals accepted at 1900 John F Kennedy Blvd Philadelphia, PA 19103?

Asked by Ken Smith, Inwood, New York, NY Sun Jan 20, 2013

Hello. We're interested in a unit at this location but we see that there are no pets allowed. We have a service animal that alerts for seizures and wonder how the board process works in this case. We have documentation, the service animal is non-obtrusive, and we fulfill what we think are all the other requirements for this building (cash reserves double the asking price, proper income). Any advice on how this works and suggestions/thoughts on the board would be appreciated. Thanks. We also are looking for a broker to represent us and help us check out units in the building.

Answers

4
R. Eric Axelson’s answer
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Hi Ken, I recently had this issue arise, and to the best of my knowledge, yes, your service animal would be required to be accepted, regardless of pet policy. I will try to confirm this tomorrow, however.

I am a broker and my office is downtown. I can also arrange for a private tour as I know people in the building.

When will you be in Philly next?

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.979.5967 mobile
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference:  http://kurfiss.com
Don DeGennaro, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Hey Ken,

Service animals are an exception to the pet policy as long as you have the proper documentation for the animal. I do a lot of business in that neighborhood so if you would like to speak with someone directly feel free to give me a call or email me. Thanks!

Don DeGennaro
The Dale Archdekin Team
Coldwell Banker Preferred
ddegennaro@cbpref.com
203-215-8400
Jonathan Fink, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Aren't Service Animals accepted everywhere? Otherwise that would be discrimination against a person with disabilities.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Jan 20, 2013
look for the ADA (American's with Disabilities Act) by
GOOGLE: service animals federal law