Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Chonghae, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Are property taxes in Philadelphia, PA paid monthly, quarterly, or yearly?

Asked by Chonghae, Philadelphia, PA Tue May 25, 2010

I am looking to purchase a home in two years in Philadelpiha, PA, and I am wondering how often the property taxes are paid.

Hi Chonghee,

Currently all Philadelphia Real Estate Taxes are due each calendar year on the 31st of March. You will receive a 1% discount if your bill is paid on or before the 28th of February.

Please keep in mind the entire City is in the process of re-assessment. The Board of Revision of Taxes has been disbanded. It is up in the air as to how the new assessment and taxation system will affect annual tax charges. The property taxes in most appreciated neighborhoods will probably be the most dramatically increased. You can learn more at http://www.PhiladelphiaForward.org

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell (267) 254-7994
Hello Chonghae,

You may also want to keep in mind that there is a ten (10) year real estate tax abatement on the purchase of new construction and some renovated properties in the City of Philadelphia. Basically, the taxes stay constant and are based on the land value only for a period of ten (10) years. i am representing a new condo development in Northern Liberties right now offering that tax abatment. Please let me know if you have nay questions. Thanks Rich Astrella
Real estate taxes are paid annually.
Hi, Chonghae.

Property taxes in Philadelphia are paid once a year. I hope that answers your question. Please let me know if you have any more.