Ardenwood Townhomes

Asked by John, California Sun Apr 20, 2008

Does anyone know anything about the Villa D' Este Townhomes in Ardenwood? Are the current prices reasonable given the market conditions? Are the builders in Phase I, II? When is the expected completion date?

Answers

7
Menudo Bongo, Home Buyer, 94085
Sun May 3, 2009
All overloaded schools in Fremont School District use the lottery system.

Ardenwood as well as Forest park are overloaded (number of students seeking admission are more than available seats), and therefore resort to a lottery.

There are some seats in kindergarten reserved for siblings (if any older child is in the Fremont school district with the above as the area school), the younger sibling automatically is entitled to a seat.

These sibling seats reduce the number of seats available for the other applicants.
Girish Reddy, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Sun Apr 26, 2009
Can you please let me know how the lottery system works? Does the lottery system apply to Forest Park only? Is Ardenwood elementary not lottery based?
Raj, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Fri Jun 6, 2008
Hi Burns:
Yes. Me and my wife were also concerned about living space. We cannot even seat more than 4. Otherwise its good. Yes in this marker it is good to wait and watch. I am also seeing new single family homes. But it does not seem to work out for less than 650.
MrBurns, Home Buyer, San Francisco, CA
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Raj..the schools are great but I think there's a lottery system for forest park elementary. Ardenwood elementary is also 900+ API. I like these townhomes as well but the floor plans for the 3 bedrooms lack living space and also it's a bit scary when they say they have a total of 14 phases. Thats a lot of townhomes
Raj, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sat May 31, 2008
I am also planning on 3/3.5 townhomes. What is the reasonable price on this one? and also please let me know about schools and safety in ardenwood neighbourhood?
Kn, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sat Apr 26, 2008
I was looking at these as well. I first looked at them last June when the 3/3.5 townhomes were priced at 649. Now the same plan is being advertised for 589 with free upgrades. I am also looking at the Regis homes (Park Lane) in Irvington district but school districts are so so..the floor plan at villa d este is not as great as the regis homes. I know regis is about 70% sold and they are highly motivated so you can get a great deal. Not sure about Villa d este. I tried calling but it goes to voice mail. Need to stop by again. Also I am consifering buying through redfin.com to save on closing costs. Let me know your thoughts.
Kelly Hopkins, , Fremont, CA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Hi John. The homes at Villa D'Este(townhomes) are not a bad deal. You should negotiate on price and also you should look at the new Summerhill development in Fremont. Then you will be able to price and negotiate more effectively. You should definitely negotiate on Price or Upgrades for these townhomes. As far as the expected completion, I do not know. Good Luck!

Kelly Hopkins
510-366-7695
http://www.Justcallkellynow.com